Chapter 19

We gather our things, which litter the ground, as quickly as we can. The train station is strangely empty, deserted almost. Hayden is standing behind the bench, directly behind me. Sonya is resting her head on my shoulder, awake but out of it.

When we can hear the train approaching, that's when the people start rushing in. The stating is immediately flooded by a wave of people, they crash together and trample on each other.

Levy yells for us to grab on to one another so we won't get scattered around. So we all are standing, holding on to each other, making sure our luggage doesn't get lost.

When the train reaches the station, we board quickly and take our seats. Some of us, Sonya, Mateo, Jody, and I have to stand. I beg for someone to give me their seat but no one does, the thing that got to me though was when I reluctantly asked Hayden and he laughed in my face.

I decided to stoop down to the lowest level I could. I was tired, hungry, and I needed to sleep so I sat on the floor and rested my head on Sam's knees. Not the most comfortable thing but I didn't care. I could finally sleep.

The train ride was long and boring. I slept for an hour or two but that wasn't even half the trip. Sonya and I both sat on the floor, on Mateo and Jody's jackets, playing cards. Jody and Mateo talked with anyone who would let them. They played practical jokes on many of the passengers and by the time it was our turn to get off the train people were cheering when Jody and Mateo got off.

Levy glared at them for making the train ride long and miserable but Mateo and Jody only laughed.

Once we were out of the train station we huddled together and tried to find a cab to drive us to our hotel but there wasn't enough room to fit us all so we had to split up.

Sonya, Hayden, Jody, Mateo, and I were all out in a group together. At least I wasn't alone with Hayden, at least I had Sonya, Jody, and Mateo.

When we got in the cab, Mateo sat in the front, Jody got in the back first, then Sonya, no matter how many times I told her I didn't want to sit next to Hayden, then me and last, Hayden.

I did get even get a window seat. We bunched four people into a three seating back. Hayden was pressing against me, Sonya was silently squealing in my ear because 'she's such a great friend' for trying to get me and Hayden together. I seriously have no clue why she wants us to date so badly.

Thankfully, Hayden stared out the window the whole time. No matter how many times I looked over at him, he wouldn't look over. Sonya was pushing me closer and closer to Hayden as we drove. Jody basically had a whole extra foot of room from the amount of room Sonya was stealing from Hayden and I. But Hayden didn't even seem to notice.

We finally reach the hotel. It's a huge building, beige brown. There is a balcony at every window of every story. The outside has flowers and fountains. I wonder who paid for this, because, even though I could've, it wasn't me.

"Wow," is what Mateo had to say about it.

Sonya screamed.

Jody smiled wide and practically ran in.

Hayden had no reaction, as if he did this all the time.

I followed Sonya as she walked in. I, like Hayden, had no reaction but I'm used to big buildings, I live in a castle.
And have family that lives in mansions and own hotels, businesses, homes, royalty is everywhere in France.

"Adeline, you and I HAVE to share a bed!" Sonya shrieked as she ran past the check in desk.

I followed her, she was pulling my arm, but I looked back to see if Mateo was coming and saw Hayden checking in at the desk.

Hayden payed for it.

What.

He smiled at the lady behind the desk and even laughed. He didn't look like the mean, unloving, heartless, bully, coward, (I could go on with these names) he was when he was around me.

Sonya stopped.
Uh-oh.

"Lineeeee," she squealed.

"I'm coming, I was just waiting for Mateo."

"I know you were. While staring at Hayden and practically DROOLING over HIM!" She was blushing for me. She smiled wide and her eyes squinted. I didn't want to yell at her for trying so hard to make me like him, so I let her have her moment.

"Okay okay," I said once she was cooled down a bit. "Let's get going, do you know what roo—"

"Yes!! Let's goooo!" She yelled. I laughed as she pulled me along.

Sonya dragged me to our room, 314, it was on the third floor of the eight story hotel.

When she tried to open the door she realized we didn't have a card. She whined and dragged herself along the door in a sitting position until she reached the floor with her head in her hands and knees pulled up to her chest.

"Whyyyy," she said lifting her head and raising her hands in the air, shaking her fists.

"Sonya, it's gonna be alright, please get up," I said hiding my face as people passed by giving judging stares. Annoying.

Sonya pulled herself together after a minute and we both sat beside the door waiting. When we heard voices, familiar voices, and the sound of keys clinging together, Sonya jumped for joy. I stood up and waited for them to get to the door to let us in.

Hayden ended up being the one with the key, obviously, he paid for it. When he unlocked the door Sonya pulled me inside and claimed our bed, the one near the window. The room is huge, there is enough beds for five people. There is eleven people here.

Levy and Sam partner up together.

Daniela, Mattie, and Abby partner up.

Mateo and Jody.

Noah and Hayden.

Sonya and I.

We unpack our things and collapse into our beds.

After an hour or two of watching TV Jody dust up and notices Levy and Sam kissing.

"Levy, you better not have sex with her," Jody calls out to Levy and Sam from across the room. Sam tried to hide but Levy grabs her face, gently, and kisses her forehead, then her cheek, then he stops to answer Jody. And Sam's blushing, hard

"Shut up, Jody" Levy says without looking at him, he immediately goes back to kissing Sam. He flipped Jody off while he kissed Sam all over.

It kinda grossed me out but nobody else seemed to care.

Nobody, except Hayden.

Word count: 1149
5-29-23
A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VETERANS! ❤️❤️❤️