Bonus 2 pt 1 - The proposal

There's a gentle knock on the door and I give permission to enter. "Do you want to go out to dinner with me tonight, Adeline?" Hayden asks me, standing in the doorway tying his tie.

I'm laying in my bed, under all the cozy blankets, staring at the canopy. My hair is a mess, some golden locks are on my face and some are spewed around my head. I haven't gotten up all day. I'm in a short light pink silk dress. I slept in it.

I turn only my head to see Hayden and smile instead of laughing in his face. "We have an amazing private chef here that can make anything you could possibly want," I say.

Hayden shakes his head, finishing with his tie and making his way over to me.
"I'm tired of being in this palace. I feel like a bird in a cage."

I can understand that. He goes from living free, however he wants, to having to live in one certain place all the time, not being allowed to go anywhere ever unless there's guards.

I bite my bottom lip and think. "So..." I smile. "Are you asking me out on a date right now?"

Hayden reaches my bed when I ask him. I search his face for any regret or doubts but all I see are light pink cheeks.

Hayden's blushing.

He slides his hand under my back and uses it to make me sit up, pushing me up. He smiles once I'm making eye contact. "Yes," he says. "Would you like to go on a date with me?"

Now it's my turn to blush. Hayden's always been pretty direct about his feelings but he's never actually asked me to go out with him. I break the eye contact, feeling butterflies in my stomach, and smile so wide my cheeks start to hurt.

"Yes," I respond. "I would love to."

______

"Adeline, Hayden, over here!" Someone in a crowd of paparazzi yells. Hayden is holding my hand, leading the way, and we're pushing through a crowd of people.

Our body guards are keeping them as far away as possible but I can't imagine it being easy for them since everyone keeps trying to break through and touch or take pictures of us.

I look in the direction of the yelling and a white flash momentarily blinds me, I stumble around for a second before Hayden helps me catch my balance again.

When we finally get in the restaurant, it's buzzing with excitement. Our bodyguards are close behind us as the waiter makes her way over to greet us.

People at staring through the glass doors, practically piled on top of each other. The waitress gives them a confused look before looking back to Hayden and I and I watch as realization slaps her in the face.

"Your majesty," she says, bowing. Not being called "Crown Princess" feels so different to me.

"No need to bow," I say helping her stand.

"Thank you," she says quickly as she turns away. "Follow me to your table."

Hayden and I follow her to a large booth, much too big for the two of us. We sit and she does her usual waiter routine, asking us what drinks we want, introducing us to the menu ect.

Once she's gone, Hayden smiles at me.

"What?" I ask with a nervous laugh. "Do I have something on my face or something? Why are you looking at me like that?" He doesn't stop smiling. I move my hand to my face to feel for something embarrassing but there's nothing there.

"Relax, Adeline," he says. "I just think you look beautiful." His smile is genuine as he says it. Not a hint of a joke.

"Well," I say with a big smile. "I think you look handsome."