Chapter 87

We have nothing to pack. Everyone just wakes up and is ready to go. It takes away from the leaving feeling and adds a bit of oddness to it but some of us are still trying to figure out if we're happy to leave or not.

I'm not one of those people. I know I'm happy. Hayden and I will live together, my friends will be able to visit me whenever they want. Life will finally be good again.

Grayson is in hysterics. He's devastated we're leaving. But we have to go. We can't live here, it's too small for us all and we all have lives away from here.

We say our goodbyes and Grayson calls us two cars to drive us back to the school where we will all pick up our stuff and go to the palace. We can't stay at the school, not with Mrs Renea as the headmistress. So I will be taking all of my friends to the palace until there's a new one, something I promised myself I would be able to do, find a new headmaster.

Hayden and I are out in two separate cars and I'm paired with Jody, Mateo, and Daniella. We sing to the music, laugh, tell stories, and have a good time because we all know good times are coming. Good times are finally coming.

When we get to the school, we separate to grab our stuff quickly and make our way back to the cars. We don't want the headmistress, Mrs Renea, to see us because who knows what she might do. I want to save everyone from this school but the cars aren't big enough and that would cause too many problems. But I will help them, as soon as I can.

I watch the school get smaller as the driver drives us to the palace, my home.

_________

"Adeline," my mother yells through tears when she sees me getting out of the car. She's running from the palace to the car in black high heels on the bricked driveway.

I hug her and feel my stress melting away. My mother is alive.

When I pull away I notice she's in all black. "What's this for?" I ask pulling on her blouse.

"I'm mourning my family. I thought you were dead," she says.

"Where's my father?" I ask.

There's a silence that sends chills down my spine. My mother doesn't need to say anything for me to know, my father is dead. He might not have been a good man, but he was still my father which makes his death hurt me.

"Oh, Adeline," my mother sobs. She pulls me into another hug, this one tighter than the first. She doesn't know he was a bad man. I don't know how she doesn't, but she doesn't. We'll keep it that way.

Everyone piles out of the cars. My mother pulls herself together enough to ask, "Who are these people?"

"They're my friends. They need to stay with me for a while, is that okay?" I ask.

"Oh, yes! We have plenty of rooms we never use. They can stay as long as they'd like." She gives my friends a wink and calls for some of the staff to come help us with our bags. She leads us all inside and helps us get situated.

"Dinner will be ready soon, I'll give you guys some time to situate." Before she leaves, she kisses me on the forehead. "I was so worried about you, baby."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll tell you everything."

She nods and makes her way out. She has left everyone in a huge bedroom with everything anyone could ever need. There's a bathroom, multiple floors to the bedroom, each floor with a different bed, a library, a table with chairs. At the bottom level of the room is the biggest bed. It has the most pillows and the most room.

Jody jumps on the bed and grabs a pillow. "PILLOW FIGHT!!!" He yells launching pillows across the room, some hitting us, others missing. We all give our best eat cries as we throw pillows at each other. My eyes lock with Hayden's as I throw a pillow as hard as I can at Daniella. He throws a pillow at me and it hits me straight in the head.

We're all laughing and having a good time, I know this will be a core memory for all of us.

________

At dinner, we feast. Graysons food might not have been disgusting but it definitely wasn't good. Now that there's good food, we all know what we were missing.

My mother smiles at us and tells us to eat as much as we want and that she can get more if we're still hungry after. She's still wearing black, to mourn my father. I just wish she could see him for what he was, how he treated her, Alex, me. I'm sure she'll be heartbroken to hear who he really was.

Jody tells all kinds of jokes, steals off peoples plates, and is basically the life of the dinner. I can tell my mother likes him.

Mateo is taking a sip of his glass of milk when Jody makes a funny face and all the milk comes shooting out of Mateos nose. My mouthed is laughing so hard she might fall over, I've never seen her laugh this hard.

Sam seems to be doing better. Her face doesn't look so burned and she looks happier, like she was before everything happened.

Life was hard for a while but now, we're all ready to start a new chapter. We're all ready to start living again.

After finding out who killed Sonya, after getting closure, we can finally be happy. We can let go of all the demons we discovered during that time. And we're all exited to. We're all ready to.

A new peace washes over me. I'm finally not worried about the future. I'm content here and I'm ready to take on whatever is coming my way.

Word count: 1009
12-26-23
4:11 pm
(Not revised)
Quick chapter, sorry if it feels rushed, the end is so near 😭