Chapter 42

Hayden and I pull out the fake IDs Mateo made for us. He took the tiny red sticker off of Abby and Mattie's IDs and put them on the ones he made for us.

Hayden walks in front of me, when the bartender asks for his ID, he shows him and then the bartender looks at me and I show him mine. He points to a bodyguard standing beside the bar and the we walk over to him. The bodyguard leads us to the back where there is a door.

The bodyguard holds out one of his hands and points to his ear with the other, telling us to get rid of our ear pieces. A wave of worry washes over me that I have to hide as I take my ear piece out and place it in the palm of his hand. Hayden does the same.

He opens the door for us and we stare at the other side for a minute. Hayden grabs my hand and holds it as if we were actually dating and we walk in.

The room is huge. Gold colored walls and pillars to hold everything up, a double staircase one that goes off to the left and one that goes off into the right. This room is much bigger than the bar itself, I don't know how some people don't realize there's something else hidden right under their noses.

When I'm done looking around I realize Hayden is pulling me into a crowd of people, probably to stay better hidden.

Then I realize there's someone in the middle of the crowd. Hayden also seems startled by the appearance of this fit man with black hair and tattoos all over his body.

"Why, hello there," the man says when he sees us join. "Everyone this is my good friend Ares, and his friend..."

I look around, trying to figure out who this man is talking to, when Hayden begins to speak.

"Sophia," he says. The man was talking to us. Apparently my name is Sophia now.

"Welcome, Sophia," the man says.

"It's a pleasure to meet you..." I trail off to see if he'll give me his name.

The man looks at Hayden to answer my question but Hayden acts like he's looking at something else, disengaged with the conversation.

The man smiles and makes a remark along the lines of "typical Ares," under his breath.

"My name is Maverick but you can call me Mav. You are gorgeous," he remarks.

I smile. "Thank you, your not to bad yourself," and then Hayden joins the conversation again.

"Okay, well, as great as it was to see you again, we're going to go now."

"Okay, enjoy the party, soon it won't be so fun," the man says as we leave.

Hayden used my hand to drag me around the room. I basically have to follow him like a lost puppy.

Soon I get tired of this treatment and pull away. "Stop using my hand as a leash."

Hayden rolls his eyes. "Whatever," he says turning away and beginning to leave.

I walk in the opposite direction.

I see a crowd of men smiling at me and waving me over, so I join them.

"Hello, boys," I say in a flirty voice.

The men stare at me, some of them are smirking, running their eyes all over my body. Probably picturing me naked. Kind of instantly I feel like I've made a mistake but it's too late now. I have to keep going or they might try to chase me down if I leave.

"How's your night going?" I ask as I fidget with my hair, curls that Sam spent hours on.

"Better now that your here," one of the men says. Cringe.

"Oh, really?" I ask with a mischievous grin.

The men don't respond as they stare down my body again. I suddenly feel naked just by their eyes, I want to pull my dress up to cover my cleavage but that would probably make them angry.

He doesn't stop staring at me as he talks. A man with brown hair says, "why don't you sit on my lap, beautiful?" A pit on my stomach is growing, why would I do this? Now I'm stuck in this weird position I don't want to be in.

I walk over to the man slowly and try to stall. Before I can get any closer than a few steps, someone grabs me from behind, wrapping their arms around me and clasping their hands together in front of my stomach they put their head on my shoulder. Before I can scream the person talks.

"The cars outside, Sophia. We need to go," Hayden says through a drunken voice.

The pit in my stomach disappears.

"It was nice meeting you boys," I say as I blow a kiss at them and begin to walk away with Hayden.

When we're out of earshot and the men can no longer see us, Hayden says, in a hushed tone, "What were you thinking!? You could have ruined the mission."

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, I'll stay near you the rest of the time," I say with my head hanging between my shoulders. Hayden uses his index finger to lift my chin up.

"Thank you," he says.

I nod and gently pull away from his hold so nobody thinks I'm uncomfortable.

"Hey! You two, you dating?" A voice asks. Aren't we able allowed here if we are? When my eyes find the voice, it's a woman this time. She has dark red hair, clearly dyed, and she's wearing a traveling black dress.

"Yes," I respond.

"Perfect! We need two more players, want to join?" She asks.

Before I can ask what game it is, Hayden agrees.

We walk over to the group of people playing the game. They're sitting on four dark red couches, there's a coffee table in the middle and on top of it, an empty beer bottle. The coffee table is surrounded by the couches, on all sides.

Hayden is told to sit across from me and I'm sat next to a man who looks to be in his twenties.

I'm seventeen.

Are we about to play spin the bottle with grown adults?

Word count: 1042
7-15-23
2:33 pm
WHOOP WHOOP NEW CHAPTER
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!❤️❤️❤️