Chpater 7

Jody led Sonya and I to a group of teens sitting at an outdoor picnic table. Hesitantly I followed behind them both to the table.

"Hey," a boy with white hair said.

"You guys took forever," a girl with red hair and chubby cheeks sitting beside the white haired boy said.

"The headmistress gave our room an inspection," Sonya said.

"Who's this?" The white haired boy asked looking past Sonya and pointing at me.

"Levi, don't be stupid. It's obviously Adeline, you know, the Princess?" Jody said sarcastically. The white haired boy, Levi, nodded and waved.

"Hello, Adeline," he said. Before I could speak he interrupted me. "What makes you think you belong here?" He asked.

The question made me think twice but I answered confidently. "I was invited," I shrugged.

Levi smiled and nodded. "Confident, aren't we?" He smirked.

Though I was being confident, I didn't like his attitude. "It's just the truth. I'm not being snotty, am I?" I retorted.

"You don't have to be snotty to be confident." Levi raised his eyebrows.

"In most cases you do," I snapped back.

Levi put his arms in the air in mock surrender and smirked. "Okay. Point taken, let's get going. I don't want to waste anymore time." Everyone stood up from the table and Levi lead the way into a deep looking forest.

We walked through the forest for what felt like hours. It was thick and dark and we had to hold hands in order to stay together. I wondered how Levi could even lead us through this kind of darkness. Maybe they all did this often.

Once we were through the thick forest we met with a wide, deserted looking, road. On the other side of the road was a busy city illuminated with all sorts of different colors and full of life and stores. On the side we were on there was no lights, no life.

Everyone let go of each other's hands and Levi started crossing the road. There was no threat to crossing the road since it was deserted so nobody made any kind of argument against it. Like little ducks everyone followed after him.

Once we were on the other side Levi stopped walking and we formed a circle.

"So, the party is close to here. Is anyone having any second thoughts? If so speak now so someone can bring you back and return quickly," he said. Everyone turned their heads to me and I flushed with embarrassment.

"No," I said sternly. They made looks at each other but before it could get out of hand Sonya spoke up.

"She said no. Let's go!" And with that, the circle broke apart and one way or another I ended up with Jody. Sonya was with the tall sun kissed boy, Levi, and the red head with chubby cheeks.

In the back of the three groups we had accidentally formed was a brown skinned boy and a brown skinned girl with a blackis-grey haired girl and a short dirty blond girl.

I made a mental note to learn all their names later.

"So what are you looking forward to the most?" Jody asked me randomly. I stared ahead, then at my feet, then at him.

"I think the drinks," I said. "I've never had a drink before, I'm relatively aware how a party works but I've never been allowed to be one foot of the drinks let alone drink them."

"You're like me," Jody smiled.

"No I am not," I groaned.

"You're more exited to get a sip of alcohol then to meet the people Sonya has set you up with. I'm very much like that," Jody shrugged. "Some might call me an alcoholic."

"I'm sure they do," I laughed. Before Jody could defend himself the sun kissed boy slows down to our pace and turns to Jody.

"Please, don't act like a total animal this time? Save some drinks for the other people, please." Jody grinned wide and looked straight at me as he nodded his head. The boy caught up to his group and Jody and I were left alone.

"I told—"

"Shut it," I interrupted. Jody just grinned from ear to ear like the Cheshire Cat from Alice and wonderland and continued the conversation.

"So do you know drink safety?" He asked me.

"No? Is that important?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I don't either!" Jody laughed.

"Why do you do this?" I groaned slapping my palm to my forehead.

"I don't know, you make it fun," he said. "What are Princess parties like?" he asked changing the subject.

"Boring," I said annoyed already. The last thing I wanted to do was talk about my life as a Royal.

"I can hardly believe that," Jody said ignoring my hint.

"You should," I said dismissively. Again Jody didn't get my hint.

"Tell me what the most fun you had at one was, what did you do?" He asked. I could see he was genuinely curious but I was genuinely bored of the subject so I ignored it.

"What's your favorite alcoholic drink?" I asked.

Jodi smiled. "I like vodka," he said as if his answer would get me to talk about the Royal parties.

"What do you recommend a beginner drinker?" I asked.

"Vodka," he said, realizing what he said will not get me to talk about the parties.

"I guess I'll have to try it then," I said.

"Most girls like fruity drinks," he said with a chuckle. "Vodka might be a bit much for you."

"I'm a woman," I laughed.

"We're here!" Levi yelled from the front of the train the group created. Exited yells escaped the people all around me. I followed Jody to the entrance.

The building was small. It was made with bricks and covered in moss but purple light was shining from the windows and cracks in the walls.

It was also not a help that the building was completely stranded, all alone. No other buildings were near it and it was close to the woods opposite to the ones we had entered to get there.

"Roomy," I swallowed.

"Don't be rude," Jody laughed. "It's perfect on the inside." I smiled and pushed the uneasy feeling down as I followed Jody in.

When we got inside it really was perfect. The windows were completely see through and the floor had a large dance floor with all kinds of different colors that changed to other colors after seconds. There were booths like a restaurant and there was a bar with high chairs. There was a DJ in front of the dance floor and the lights were hung all around the building. There was two small doors labeled women and men for restrooms.

Jody nudged my side as I looked around. When I scowled at him for hurting me he grinned and raised his eyebrows.

"What do you think?" He asked over the blaring music.

"It's nice!" I yelled in response. Jody smirked and gave me an "I told you so" look.

"Wanna go grab a drink?" He asked me. I looked at the clock above the bar, it read, 10:36.

"It's so early—" I protested. Before I could finish my denial, Jody was dragging me by the wrist to a high chair.

Word count: 1197
March 19
Sorry it's been so long 😭