Chapter 20

The next morning we all get our bathing suits on and went down to the pool, the concert isn't until seven pm.

Sonya insisted on matching bathing suits so we're both wearing black bikinis. My parents would have a stroke if they ever found out I went out in public and flaunted my body for everyone to see. But, no matter.

Sam wore a red bikini that complimented her red hair and big, curvy body. Daniella wore a hot pink two piece that had strings that wrapped around her waist and tied into a beautiful bow on the back. Mattie wore a gray one piece and Abby wore a yellow medium coverage two piece.

All the boys wore different swim trunks.

We wrapped ourselves in our own towels and walked to the pool. Surprisingly it was empty.

Jody was the first one to get in, by cannon baling. Then Mateo and all the other boys followed his lead.

The girls hung out more on the edges and slowly got in as we talked to one another about how exited we were for the concert.

We swam for a long time. The sun was hot and beating down on us and Sam insisted, repeatedly, that we put on sunscreen.

Sonya and I raced and talked and did almost everything we could think of. Sam and Daniella joined us for most of it to. Abby and Mattie stayed in the shade after swimming for a few hours.

Levy would occasionally swim over and lift up Sam from under the water, when he would come up she would be on his shoulders smiling and blushing.

Daniella, Sonya, and I would watch longingly as Sam and Levy acted like a couple.

"Adeline—" Sonya begins.

"No," I say stoping her in her tracks.

"What?" Daniella asks.

"Sonya seems to think I would look good with Hayden," I say rolling my eyes. Daniella is quiet for a second before jumping up in and down the water and clapping her hands.

"You totally would!" She agrees with a huge smile on her face, only feeding into Sonya's delusion as she too starts smiling.

I roll my eyes and huff, looking away from the pool and out to the open grass field.

"Where is Hayden's anyway?" Daniella asks. I turn my head back to the pool and start looking for him but see nothing.

"You ladies looking for me?" A voice says from behind us. I jump out of my skin.

"Oh! Hayden," Sonya says, smiling wide, and fake scratching the back of her head.

"That's me." He doesn't say it in a warm way, he says it in a way that sends shivers down your spine. Strong shivers.

"Do you make it a habit to stand behind girls while they talk?" I ask crossing my arms and rolling my eyes as I turn to face his disgusting face.

"Only when I hear my name," He says raising an eyebrow. Sonya nudges me in the side with her elbow.

I clench my jaw.

"We were whispering."

"Very loudly at that."

I see Sonya and Daniella give each other the look. Huge smiles spread on their faces. I've never wanted to punch Sonya, until now. But I restrain myself. Hayden is what I'm focusing on right now.

"How long we're you standing there?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Long enough," he laughs. I watch him take his eyes away from mine and smile up at the other boys. This clearly means nothing to him, so why is he causing an argument?

"Whatever you heard, get it out of your head. Now," I demand.

Hayden slowly lowers his body to the hot pavement around the pool. He gets his face so close to mine I can feel his cool breath. His blue eyes stare daggers into my soul but I don't move, this is a battle. If I move, I lose.

"I don't take orders from girls," he says harshly. My spine is tingling, and I don't know why. Fear? Anger? Both?

Whatever.

I have no response for him. He puts his finger under my chin and turns my head to look the other direction.

I lost the staring contest.

And the argument.

Frustration wells up in me as he stand up from his crouching position and walks away like nothing happened. When he's gone I finally turn my face back where it was before.

I want to punch Sonya. I want to kill Hayden. I want to drown myself. But I hold it in so Hayden doesn't see he's bothered me.

Sonya and Daniella watch Hayden walk away.

"Look at his muscles!" I hear Sonya whisper scream to Daniella, or me, I don't know.

When they get bored of watching him do nothing, they turn back to me.

"You and Hayden are tenseeeeee," Daniella points out. I bite my cheek angrily.

"Yeah, I know."

"She 'doesn't like him,'" Sonya rolls her eyes.

"Eeee!!" Daniella wiggles her fists in the air in front of her chest.

"I know, right!?" Sonya.

"Guys."

"And he's so hot. He didn't even hesitate to get in her face." Daniella blushes imagining it.

"And he looked at her so harshly, almost like he actually hates her."

"Guys."

"I wonder how much he works out, when does he have the time to do alllll that for his body?" Daniella literally squeals at Sonya's words.

"And he's probably—"

"GUYS."

That gets their attention. My face is probably flushed with frustration and I'm probably staring at them too sharply but I don't care.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, Sonya. I. Don't. Like. Hayden. Not even a little bit. I want to kill him, more than ever as we speak. And all you have to talk about is how hot he is and how great his chemistry with me is?" Anger is so hot in my fist. It feels like a ball of fire.

Sonya and Daniella go quiet. I look past them, no one else notices me. Hayden looks like he's sunbathing. Good.

Sonya sighs. "Adeline, I'm sorry for shipping you with someone you hate but, you have to admit, you would be a great couple. Soooo powerful (because both of you are the sexiest people I've ever met.)"

Daniella nods.

I can't even be mad at them, but they can't know that.

"I hate you guys," I sigh.

Soon my anger fades and it's time to get ready for the concert.

Word count: 1080
6-1-23
Guys I can't sleep so I'm posting on wattpad 🤦‍♀️ (it's 3:13 am)
Have a good day lovelies ❤️❤️
Boy if you want!!!