Chapter 70

When I wake up I'm in a bed, probably one of the most comfortable beds I've ever laid in.

In a chair just a few feet away from me is the man that looks just like Hayden he's smoking. He watches me as I pretend to sleep.

"I know your awake," he says flatly taking a drag of his cigarette.

I pretend to keep sleeping.

"Open your d*mm eyes! I told you I know your awake," he snaps.

I open my eyes knowing he's won.

"That's better, a girl with such pretty eyes should show them off more often, don't you think?" He asks.

I don't respond.

"Fine, if you don't want to be friendly, I won't be friendly," he sighs standing up. "Get up," he orders.

I do.

That's when I realize I'm only wearing a loose hospital gown like black dress. It's probably the ugliest thing I've ever worn.

The man smiles at me and reaches out a hand to get me off the bed and onto the floor. I take it subconsciously, I'm used to people always putting their hand out to help me out of cars, seats, everything.

"I have a surprise for you, love," he says. The nickname makes me shiver.
He looks down at me when I don't respond. "You don't want to know what it is? Not the slightest bit curious?"

Extremely curious.

"Not. The. Slightest."

He tsks and pulls me out of the room and down a long dark hallway. Before we enter a room, at the front of the thick metal door, he puts a blindfold over my eyes from behind me. I have to hold back a panicked scream of surprise.

Once I'm blinded he pulls me into the room, the silent room. I don't feel any kind of presence but I've never been good at stuff like that so there could possibly be dozens of people in here.

"Right here," the man says placing me in a specific spot. "Take your blindfold off," he says sounding way to exited.

I remove the thick blindfold and instantly my eyes find Hayden's.

"Been a while since you two talked," the man says. He continues talking but I'm not listening.

Hayden isn't tied, isn't blindfolded, doesn't have any blood on him, no scars, no bruises, he looks the cleanest he's ever looked in a long time. He's literally wearing a suit.

On a small table inbetween the man and Hayden is a set of knives, a set of knives that remind me of when I was kidnapped and held for ransom. Reminds me of the set of knives they used to cut me.

I feel myself beginning to shake, my head thinking of every possible bad situation, every worst solution.

"So, I decided Hayden needs a little knife throwing practice," the man says. My eyes dart to Hayden and his eyes are blank, abysses. I can't read his face. Hayden looks like a robot.

The man gestures to the table between him and Hayden and Hayden picks up a knife.

Hayden doesn't even take a second to process what he was just told to do. As fast as he picks up the knife, he throws it at me. It hits the wooden board I'm standing against, less than a centimeter away from my arm.

"I think you can get it closer, right above her head," the man standing next to Hayden says. Hayden's eyes meet mine and they're not blank anymore. He screams sorry with only his eyes and I forgive him before he even throws the knife.

The man hands Hayden the knife he's been playing with. When Hayden takes it, he throws the knife at my head. I feel my body shake so much it makes me feel cold and I feel like I might throw up.

At the last second, the knife swerves up.

"Could be better," the man says with an almost impressed look.

Hayden has never looked more drained.

But he doesn't show that to anyone but me.

When Hayden's done throwing the knife he steps back. The man beside him smirks and it gives me flashbacks to all the times Hayden smirked at me. He steps forward, knife in hand as he spins it around like a butterfly knife in his hands.

Out of nowhere he stops stepping and throws the knife at me with what looks like no effort but the knife is flying towards me so fast. So much faster than Hayden's knife, that I don't even have time to respond to it before the knife stabs the board behind me, less than half a centimeter away from my head.

"Step away from the board," he says after a few seconds.

I listen without hesitation.

When I do, I feel a tug on my hair before a tiny strand rips out of my scalp. I stand next to Hayden but before I can fully stop moving, the man pulls me to his side of the table.

I turn around to look at the knives, while the one Hayden threw is impressively stuck into the wood without fail, the one that was closer to my head is way more imbedded into the wood.

"Looks like you need some practice," the man says to Hayden, elbowing me in the side jokingly.

I don't find it funny.

Hayden's eyes die again. His face looses all emotion.

He's become a robot again.

"You have more training to do, Hayden. This is your new training assistant, I believe you've met?" He introduces me to Hayden as if we've never met as a joke. A only he finds funny. A joke that makes me want choke him to death, or beat him. I just want him to die. Painfully.

"Come this way," he says, waving us in his direction as he walks away. We follow close behind, Hayden and I don't even try to talk.

We're both too scared to try.

We're led into a completely different room.

This one has tech everywhere.

Word count: 1004
10-25-23
10:36 pm
(Not revised [sorry])
I'm tired but I decided to post anyway.
I better get some "thank you's"😭