Chapter 53

My mind is no longer in this world. I had to get myself away from the pain, the torture.

After about thirty minutes of cutting and hitting, I couldn't take anymore. I either passed out, am dissociating, or something else entirely.

Whatever it is, I still feel some pain. It's just not as strong as it was before, like It's just a cut from a tree branch every few minutes or something.

Now I'm floating.

But not in the clouds like the movies, I'm floating mentally. In my mind I'm laying in grass and the air is so clean, but it doesn't feel right, I feel too happy. I can't stop smiling, even once the every-second-accuring-tree-branch cut turns into a pierced-in-the-stomach-by-a-spear cut.

But then I'm brought back.

"Oo! That did the trick," Renea smiles.

My head is spinning as if I've been drugged. Before I can speak Renea interrupts.

"I didn't know I had put so much of that into your system. I thought since you partied so much your drug tolerance would be higher," she says as she runs a finger up my restrained arm, pressing on a tiny hole in one of the veins in the crook of my elbow.

My eyes shoot open, I'm hardly out of my groggyness, she drugged me.

When did she drug me?

Am I going to be addicted to this drug once I get out of here?

Will I get out of here?

"It's no fun messing with a person who won't scream," she says.

I glare at her.

"Then I won't scream."

"Oh, that's going to be tough with the next item of interest," she says as she pulls a hammer and nails from the rack.

My eyes can't widen anymore than they already are.

And at that, Renea grins.

"This will only hurt a li—"

Before she can finish her sentence, a loud crash is heard above us. Rebar looks up and groans.

"Those d*mn smugglers again. I've taught them how to be stealthy yet they can never get it right," she says to me as if we're friends. "I'm going to go get them, I'll be back in a minute!" Then she walks the long way to the door, it creaks open and slams shut.

I sigh with relief at her leave but the feeling doesn't last long.

"I have to get out of here," I whisper to myself over and over again. I look around the room, Renea put the hammer on the ground way too far away from me, I can't reach it.

I wiggle to try to move the chair but of course, it's bolted to the ground. I try to free my feet by pulling against the restrains but it doesn't work, I can't get my hands out either.

I've only been taught what to do to prevent being kidnapped, not how to get out of it.

I pull a little more, trying to break free, to live.

But I fail.

Over and over and over again, I fail.

Once I give up and accept that I'm going to die, I hear a rustling noise in the corner of the warehouse I can't see.

"Who's there?" I ask, my voice shaking despite my efforts to sound strong.

I hear more rustling but no answer to my question.

"Hello? Who's there?" I ask, becoming more scared by the second.

I feel my head spinning, I can't hold it still. It weighs too much for my neck.

I feel my hands start sweating, the hairs on the back of my neck spike up. I'm covered in a cold sweat.

Then, footsteps.

I hear light footsteps creeping closer and closer, until there is a rag on my face and it smells so good....

"Don't worry, Princess. We'll save you."

________

When my eyes open again, I am surrounded by walls. Walls with no decorations, one of the walls has a mirror, probably double sided, but that's the only thing in this room.

I'm not restrained to a chair, I have no bed, no food, nothing. The room is cold and damp.

"Good morning," someone says, I around up to see where the voice is coming from but only find something when I look up at the ceiling. There's a speaker. "Sorry for not accommodating the room to your liking, you won't be staying in it for long," he says.

"Where am I?" I ask, hoping maybe he'll trip up and tell me. Not like it would be any help.

To my question, he just laughs. I have my answer.

"My boss will come down and give you a blanket. Maybe some food, if your lucky." And then, the voice stops and is replaced by a ringing sound.

A sound that goes on for second, minutes, hours, days?

I have no idea what time it is, how long I've been here. I don't know where I am, how to get out, I'm clueless.

The ringing gets louder and turns into a buzzing sound, then a door that's blended into the wall opens and a masked figure walks in with a blanket draped over one hand and a plate of food in the other.

"Hello, my dear," the person says in a distorted robot-like voice.

I back up, not knowing if I should answer or not. I decide to keep my mouth shut. 

I don't feel extremely lightheaded like I did before but I still feel groggy.

I stare at the mask this person is wearing and watch it form into a monster, it growls at me and before I know what I'm doing, I'm running towards it, screaming and throwing punches.

If I have to die, I'm going to put up one h*ll of a fight.

I hear the monster scream distortedly but I don't give in. I don't want to die and if this is what I have to do to stall or prevent my death, that's what I'll do. 

Word count: 1005
8-30-23
(Not revised)
Sorry for not posting guys it's been a long few weeks
Have a good day or night hopefully I'll post again soon ❤️