Chapter 55

I've lost track of time.

In the beginning I would mark the wall with my nails for each day that passed but soon enough I didn't know wether it was day or night.

Seconds could have been minutes.

Minutes could have been hours.

The hours could have been days.

Days could have been weeks.

Weeks could have been months.

The point is, I've been in this room for way to long. From what I've learned, they feed me at very random times so I have no idea what time it is or anything. Sometimes they give me a shot glass of water and it usually spills from being slid across the rough floor.

I've started not eating.

"Im saving the meals for when I get hungry," is what I tell myself each time I deny my body food.

At first I was hungry a lot but I couldn't eat. I needed to make a statement. I don't agree with being here, I don't think it's normal, I don't want to be here, I don't want to get used to it.

I stare at the cold pile of food I've left sitting for who knows how long. They don't stop giving me food, even if I don't eat it.

The pain from all my injuries are getting fainter and fainter as time goes on. But mentally I'm being torn apart. I don't know what's going to happen to me, don't know if I'll be saved, don't know if I'll die here, don't know if I'll ever be let out.

There's a constant drip in the left corner of the room, near the door. At first I didn't notice it but the puddle of water it left got bigger and bigger every day.

Now there's a huge puddle of water in the corner of my "new" room, adding to the frigid temperature.

I would start drinking it but I don't know where I am, what I'm surrounded by, so I won't.

At random times, my brain realizes the situation I'm in and fills me with so much sorrow that I'm overwhelmed with it. Drowning in tears. Drowning.

I'm loosing hope of being saved. In the start I thought I'd get saved, I thought everyone was looking for me because I'm missing and a princess.

I must have been wrong.

My eyes fill with tears from the despair. Feeling this helpless, lost, uncertain, I don't know what to do.

I pull my legs to my chest and hug them tightly before burying my face into my knees.

I sob.

Uncontrollably, loudly.

For what feels like hours, my throat hurts from the screaming and sobbing combined, my eyes flood with tears until they can't anymore, until my tears are dry. But the sorrow is still there.

The door swings open stopping me from screaming again.

"Everything should be out of your system now," the woman says. "Now we can begin the fun."

I stare at her blankly, behind my empty eyes I'm confused, lost. But I don't show it. She doesn't deserve that satisfaction.

The room fills with men.

One is carrying a chair, another a camera.

The last man that comes in is holding so many knives, and a revolver.

My whole life I've been in the dark about what the world actually is. Too busy to watch shows about it, my parents are too busy to be taught about it, and I'm too stupid to know any better. The only this I ever really knew about the world was that I might have to fight someone who wants me for ransom.

The next thing I know, I'm being pulled off the floor and stripped of my shirt and jeans, when did I even get these stupid clothes? Where is Sonya's dress?

They practically thrown me onto the chair and hold me down as they screw it into the floor, I try to fight it by flailing my arms and legs but they grab one arm at a time and strap me to the arms of the chair with leather cuffs and my feet are strapped to the legs of the chair the same way.

The camera is set up in front of me, also screwed into the floor for some reason.

The knives are placed on the floor out of my reach.

The pistol is given to the woman. She puts a single bullet in it.

Spins the revolving chamber.

A small light on the side of the camera blinks red.

"Rolling," I hear the man behind the camera whisper.

Ransom.

They are holding me for ransom.

My parents will pay.

I'm going to get out of here.

I'm saved.

The gun is pointed to my head.

Tears of joy form in my eyes.

I'm saved.

Practically free.

"Oh, don't cry, princess," the woman says. "I'm not going to kill you, yet."

I know you stupid b*tch, I want to say but don't.

"Hello, Sebastian Hunning," the woman says, smiling at the camera. An evil, evil smile. "This is the daughter of you little boyfriend," she says, waving the gun around at the word boyfriend. "As you know, I hired someone to kill him, womp womp."

She looks back at me, smiles, and turns back to the camera.

"I'll get to the point," she says. "You will pay for this girl, you know her, or she will die and her blood will be on your hands." She pauses.

"Eight million dollars."

Why do they want him to pay for me? My parents have way more money, they have more than enough money to spend on saving me. Why is Sebastian so important? I'm so confused. So lost.

Are my parents dead?

Is that why they're not the ones having to pay for me?

Why does anyone have to pay for me? Why do I live in a world where this is normal?

Why can't there be peace.

"Remember, we know where you live," she says, interrupting my thoughts.

Then she turns to me again, points the gun to my face, presses it against my forehead.

Pulls the trigger.

Click.

Word count: 1018
9-6-23
(Not revised)
NEW CHAPTTTTEEEERRR
have a good day guys hope you liked the chapter!!!