Chapter 34

My eyes open and I'm in my bed, tucked under blankets. They're so soft. The mattress is so soft. I feel like I'm sinking into it. It's nothing like the mattress in my old bed. I wonder how I've never noticed how soft this bed is before.

As I wake up I feel a pounding in my head. A million voices talk to me at once. I try to ignore the urge to throw myself against a wall as I uncover myself, as I do, I realize I'm not wearing any clothes. Just underwear.

Immediately I freak out. I cover my body with the blanket in fear someone is watching me. But when I look around to make sure I'm alone in the room I realize how unfamiliar it is. Dark blue walls with posters hung all over the place, a desk scattered with unopened textbooks and notebooks.

I'm in Hayden's room.

I'm almost naked in Hayden's room.

I suppress a scream as I realize what might have happened, did he take advantage of me?

My heart shatters just a little more than it's already shattered. How am I supposed to stay in the same dorm as a rapist? Has he been lying to everyone saying he's trained to be a bodyguard just so he could get close to me and do what he pleases?

My mouth fills with coke tasting liquid. Vomit. I want to vomit. Instead I swallow it, causing my throat to burn. My eyes begin to water but I refuse to let the tears streak down my cheeks. If I cry, he'll know he got to me with this.

I get up out of the bed after a while and find an outfit already picked out for me. At first I think it'll be something really sl*tty so that I'll have only that to wear as I run to my room to change out of it and he'll be able to watch me do that but to my surprise it's not. It's a pair of sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt. Neither of these items of clothing belong to me.

I change and peek my head out the door, look left, look right. All clear.

I walk down the hallway feeling violated. Feeling like there's nowhere I want to be more than gone, high gone. I would have never thought of Hayden to be the type of person to do this. But maybe he didn't. But why else would I be practically naked in his bed?

My mind is pounding yet I can't help but think of all the possibilities. What could have happened, what to think of Hayden, wether or not I'm going to punch him as hard as I can the next time I see him.

And then the door opens. I'm standing at the end of the hallway, where it connects to the rest of the rooms. Hayden opens the door and closes it behind him. He's holding something, but I don't care to see what it is. The second I see his face I know.

I know I'm going to punch him as hard as I can.

I run towards him, as fast as I can. Before he even realizes it, I land a punch on his nose.

"You *sshole!" I yell. Hayden doesn't double over in pain but his nose starts to bleed.

He stares at me blankly, like he's still processing what just happens. Like he's lagging?

"Um?"

I know I probably look crazy right now. My nostrils flaring, I can hear myself breathing. My hair a mess, my hands in fists. Im shorter than him so I have to stare up a little which is just intimidating to me.

"Will you calm down?" He asks walking the bag of stuff he has to the kitchen island. This dorm is way bigger than my last one, I didn't have a kitchen, a living room, or a tv. It was just one bedroom with two bunk beds on each side of the room.

Why now do I get a good dorm?

"What?" I spit. Rage is building up even more.

"I don't know why your so upset but throwing punches won't resolve it. What's wrong?" He asks.

I don't know what to say, I've never been asked that before. 'What's wrong' it sounds somewhat comforting. Nobody has ever cared enough to ask that, they just tell me to get over it before the paparazzi see or before we have to go to a press meeting. Nobody has ever cared.

Tears glaze my eyes again.

"What's wrong? Did you not..." my voice trails off. I put my finger to my bottom lip and pull down on it a little. "Why did I wake up.." I don't have to finish before he knows what I'm thinking.

"I didn't touch you." He says it as clear as day. "I wouldn't do that." His eyes are full of hurt, betrayal. Like I had stabbed him in the chest over and over again.

"Oh.." I feel bad for jumping to conclusions. "I'm.. sorry."

"It's fine," he says dismissively.

"But why did I wake up practically naked?" I ask out of curiosity.

Hayden doesn't look away from the tissue he's using to wipe his nose as he talks. "After you yelled at me for throwing away your alcohol, you found any kinds of juices you could find and you poured them all over the place. You soaked your bed but my door was locked so you couldn't get in. Your clothes are covered in orange juice, I haven't gotten a chance to wash them yet, thats why you're wearing my clothes now."

"That doesn't answer my question."

He sighs a deep sigh.

"After your orange juice rampage, you found the bag with the broken shards of glass in it and threatened to cut yourself. You shredded your clothes, you were screaming 'get off of me' as you ripped the clothes right off your back and tore them to shreds."

My face flushes. I bet my whole body is red. I never knew I was that crazy after drinking. I try to apologize but Hayden's not done talking.

"Then you passed out. I thought it was because maybe you overdosed but when I checked your pulse, you were fine. I put you in my bed and slept on the couch. I didn't change you because honestly I was kinda scared you would wake up and 'want to be free' from your clothes again." He hides a smirks when he says it.

"I'm so sorry."

He doesn't respond.

"Sonya's stable again. Jody called to tell you last night but you were... you know."

Sonya. I feel my face light up at the words. I don't bother think of anything else.

Sonya is stable.

She's going to live.

Word count: 1142
7-10-23
11:03 pm
SO MANY CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY!!
You guys are getting spoiled ❤️