Chapter 21

The concert was packed with people. We had to make sure to stay huddled together so we wouldn't get lost in the push and pull of the wave like crowd.

Sonya and I stood next to each other. She was jumping up and down with excitement, screeching about how much she wanted to see one of the singers. I just smiled, hardly being able to hear her over the rest of the crowd and the loud sound checks.

When the band finally made it to the stage, alcoholic drinks had already been passed out and everyone in our group had one.

The concert was seriously only for people over the age of eighteen and we had snuck in do they didn't think twice about our age before handing us drinks.

The sound of an electric guitar silenced The crowd for a solid half a second before we all erupted with screaming and cheering.

The band played for hours. Everyone sang along and danced with them as they sang and played their instruments.

"I'm gonna go get another drink!" I try to tell Sonya over the loud crowd. She looks puzzled so I make a cup with my hand and do a drinking motion. She smiles and nods as she finally understands and the points to the bar with a face of worry as she mouths 'want me to go with?' To which I shake my head. She reluctantly lets me go alone.

I order my drink and sit at the bar wondering if I should have made Sonya come with me because now there is a creepy old man staring at me. 

He has blond hair and brown eyes. A sharp hawking and sharp facial features. And covered in muscle.

He kind of looks like Hayden.

He continues to stare at me even as I make a disgusted face at him. I decide to let it go and take my drink, once I get it, back to we're I was before with my friends.

When I finish that drink I go back for more. And more and more. I look back to where the creepy man was before and he's still there. Watching me.

I leave the bar and dance with my friends, Sonya is scream singing The songs which makes me laugh but after a minute I need another drink. I try to ignore the thought but it's in my mind now and I can't let it go.

I give in again and get another drink but this time when I look back to see if the creepy man is still there, he isn't.

A sigh of relief leaves me as I drink my, at least, eighth drink of the night. Then I get a ninth, and a tenth. And I'm hooked.

I can no longer remember how many drinks I've had, but will continue to have. My vision is going blurry and blacking at the edges. I go back to Sonya, and the rest of them, and act like I'm not as drunk as I am a princess at a concert.

When the concert is over Sonya leans in to whine about how short it was but stops.

"You smell like booze," she says raising an eyebrow.

"I do not," I respond trying not to slur my words and failing.

"Adeline, how much did you drink!?" Levy yells once he hears my slurred words.

"Like two," I say to dumb it down.

"You sure it wasn't just one?" Hayden asks sarcastically.

Through my 'out of it' face and body I glare at Hayden and he raises his hands in mock surrender.

I stumble and Sonya forces Jody to help her help me walk.

Levy sighs a deep sigh. "Now we have to deal with this, great," he says.

Guilt pools in me but I don't say sorry, my mouth won't move. I just walk as well as I can, which isn't very well, and try not to be a burden by talking.

"Okay, no. She's too heavy when she's drunk. It's like she's deadweight," Jody says removing my arm from his shoulder. "My shoulder is going to be sore." Sonya agrees and releases me.

"Sorry, Line," she whispers in my ear. "Seriously, you're not heavy or anything but it's like carrying a dead person."

I don't respond. I wobble on my feet and Sonya sighs as I try to walk. She hold me still and for a minute and forces everyone to stop walking.

"Someone needs to help her. Jody and I did it long enough, who's next?" She asks. She looks around and nobody volunteers. Before she can speak again, Daniella interrupts.

"Hayden could do it single handedly so why don't we just make him do it?" She asks. "instead of two people we could just use one."

Everyone looks at Hayden and he raises and eyebrow. "How do you know I could do it alone? If I can't?" He asks arrogantly, somehow.

"I've seen you carry heavy things, and you have huge muscles," She responds.

He thinks for a second. Taps his chin a few times while slightly looking up. It has to be at least three minutes that pass of him 'just thinking' nobody interrupts him.

"Don't wanna," he says finally.

"What do you mean, 'don't wanna'!?" Sonya asks angrily.

"I. Don't want to carry. Dead .weight." He turns to walk away.

"No." Levy stops him. "You are going to carry her, if you can't, which is a low probability, someone else can help." Levy has to look up to talk to Hayden and he still looks intimidating. But Hayden only laughs.

"For the record," he says grinning, "you didn't intimidate me into this, I just don't want to fight." Then he grabs me from Sonya's arms and lifts me over his shoulders.

He carries me silently for a long time and I reluctantly make it easy because like Hayden, I just want to get home without fighting.

"You have to stop drinking, it makes you crazy," he says to me as we arrive at the hotel.

"You have to stop telling me how to live."

Word count: 1021
6-2-23
9:47 pm
Have a great weekend guys ❤️
(I didn't pre read this chapter)