Chapter 15

Hayden turns towards me with a questionable look on his face.

"Thanks?" I say trying to dismiss the upcoming conversation and get him away from me.

"That's all I get? A simple 'thanks'? I'm hurt," he pouts mockingly.

"Yes," I say beginning go try to walk past him, I'm blocking the bathroom door. Hayden stops me before I can pass him, the crowd that use to surround us is disbursing back to normal. My eyes scramble for some sign of Jody or anyone I know that could help but they're all gone.

I'm all alone.

"You owe me," he whispers into my ear before pushing me away and disappearing into the crowd with a wink.

I don't owe him anything. Jody could have felt with that man easily.

Suddenly I find myself back at the bar.
This whole night was supposed to help me relax from the stressful week but it's only made things worse. The drinks, on the other hand, are fixing it all.

Again, I go down a rabbit hole of drinking. Glass after glass, sting after sting. It tasted bad at first but now I like it a bit too much. Jody finds his way over to me after a few drinks.

"Someone's enjoying themselves," he says in an attempt at humor. Then he stops trying to be funny. "I'm sorry about that dude, someone should have been with you. You don't know anything about these kinds of parties," he says.

"It's fine, I'm over it," I slur. I'm not really over it but the drinking is making me forget what he's talking about so I guess I am.

"Okay, good." Then Jody orders a few drinks too and we drink together. Once the others find us and are ready to go we're both blackout drunk.

They moan and groan about having to carry us back to the dorms but still do it nonetheless.

"I'll take Adeline," a voice says.

An annoying voice.

Hayden.

"No!" I drunkenly protest. "I don't wanna go with him!" I hear Sonya giggle and she covers her smile with her hand when I look at her. Noah hands my limp body off to Hayden and I can't protest.

My body is too heavy for myself to carry but Hayden can carry me with ease. He slung me over his shoulder and now here I am, a*s in the air, right next to his face. My drunken mind debates farting in his face but the small amount of soberness, it's not a lot, overrules the stupid idea, an idea I would surely regret in the morning, and everytime he holds it over my head.

"Your pretty light, you know that?" Hayden asks me. I roll my eyes and swing my legs, I want this to be difficult for him. I want him to regret trying to carry me but he is unfazed.

"F*cking h*ll is that hot," he says.

This made me mad. I'm not trying to make his horny, perverted mind, hard. I was trying to annoy him. I am disgusted by him. He's probably saying it to make me mad and he knows he succeeded because I can feel his smile in the air.

"How is me kicking you hot?" I growl.

"It just is." I can almost feel his smirk as he responds. I'm too drunk for this, I think. And that's the end of the conversation I had with Hayden.

I can't remember much but somehow I ended up in my bed, curtesy to Hayden, tucked in, probably curtesy to Sonya.

When I woke up, I had a pounding headache. And the church bells were ringing. Sonya woke up with me to the sound of the bells.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I asked as I rolled over in bed.

"Since Friday. It's Sunday," Sonya responds.

"I've missed my whole weekend."

"Indeed."

"That sucks."

"Indeed."

"Shut up," I laugh throwing a pillow at her as I sit up. She catches it and throws it back in retaliation. She gets out of bed before me. Not wearing any pants but a loose white tank top. Her dark black hair is messy and her skinny body makes anything she puts on look huge.

When I get up, my whole body aches. I get dizzy and have to hold myself up by holding on to my bed frame.

Sonya and I quickly put on our church uniforms and make our way to the church. We sat through a boring Roman Catholic service, we drew on each others notebook paper the whole time, and once it was done we practically skipped with joy out of the church.

We met with the others in our secret room. On our way to the room Sonya and I talked about fashion and how I would boost her business once I was the queen.

When Sonya opened the door for me the laughs that I was about to laugh, because of her jokes, disappeared the second I saw Hayden's face.

Why was he still there? I have no idea, but I do think there's probably going to be no getting rid of him so I just stayed away from him.

In the room Sonya and I continued talking. I copied some of her notes for English and we watched a few movies.

Jody and the others played board games and would occasionally ask Sonya and I to join which we would reply with a quick and simple "in a minute," and never join their game.

Sonya laughed and talked about how cute Hayden and I would be together but I grew annoyed quickly by it. She didn't seem to sense, or care about, my annoyance.

"I'm serious, you need to get over the detention thing. It's so obvious he likes you and he is sooooo fine!" She bites her bottom lip. "If you don't get him I will," she says in mock seduction.

"Ew," I say. We both laugh.

"Why don't you guys join us?" Danny, Daniella likes to be called Danny because its less formal and she likes to think of her friends as a less formal group of people, asks.

Sonya and I share a glance. I glare at her as she makes direct eye contact with Hayden.

"No."  I say.

"Yes!" Sonya yells.

We end up playing the game.

Word count: 1022
5-11-23
Hii everyone!! Hope everyone's doing good, sorry for not posting in a while