Chapter 12

My bodyguards would not be payed off with money, or drugs, or alcohol, or anything we had to offer. Sonya even offered her insulin, I have no idea why she thought that would work but she did and it didn't.

Everyone in Sonyas friend group was in our dorm and my bodyguards were right outside. We were thinking of something to pay them off with but every single one of us was stumped.

"Sex?" Jody offered. Everyone turned to face him with horror. "It's the only thing we haven't tried yet." He raised his hands in mock surrender.

"So you're gonna offer your body up to them?" I laughed.

"Of course, not a soul can resist this body," he said waving himself down from head to toe. "If they don't take me I'm sure they'll take Levy. He's sexy as f*ck."

"Jody, I'm gonna need you to shut the h*ll up," Levy responded. Jody laughed and shrugged it off.

"Does anyone have any better ideas?" Sonya asked.

"I could make them something," Daniela, a mid hight brown girl with black hair tied in a tight bun, said with a smile.

"I'm one hundred percent sure they don't want that," Noah laughed.

"Don't be rude to her," Mateo, another brown skinned boy with curly dark brown hair, said. I thought I caught Daniela blushing. Interesting.

"My bad," Noah laughed. "Didn't mean to make alpha mad." Mateo rolled his eyes and threw out a few, 'shut ups.'

"Let's just sneak out. This obviously isn't working and I'm certain they won't willingly give up their job for the temporary things we can give them," Sonya finally said.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Jody asked.

"There is a window right there," Sonya said slowly as if to be speaking to a toddler. "We can climb out that and they won't even know as long as we're quiet."

Sometimes I wonder if it's either Sonya being smart or us being dumb.

"Out, let's go. You heard the woman," Jody said basically pushing us out the small rectangular window as if she wasn't just putting him in his place.

Once we had all quietly exited the window, after a helpful nudge from Jody, he jumped out as if gravity wasn't even a thing and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Shhh!" Sonya shushed. I tried not to laugh at her aggression but failed and let out a few snorts.

"Line found it funny," Jody shrugged.

"Line?" I asked as my laughing came to a quick halt.

"Ade-Line" Jody said slowly. I rolled my eyes. Before I could respond Levy interrupted.

"Let's go, before they catch us because of you idiots." He turned and began to walk away. Everyone followed him, without question.

"Who put Levy in charge?" I whispered to Sonya so Levy wouldn't hear.

"He's got boss like energy," Jody answered.

"I didn't ask you Jody," I rolled my eyes.

"He just kinda said stuff and we just kinda listened. He's kinda scary once you get to know him," Sonya said.

"Once I get to know him? Is he a peach before I get deeper into his personality?" I asked.

"He's kinda brutal, I've watched him beat someone to a bloody pulp in a fight club," Sonya shrugged.

"'Kinda brutal' is an understatement," Jody intervenes. "He basically killed that guy, and let me tell you this, his opponent wasn't any ol' wuss."

"Did you guys not get in trouble for that?" I asked.

"Nobody ever found out," Sonya whispered. "If they did he'd probably be in jail and we'd probably be in detention for life because we participated."

I went quiet for a little as we walked. I thought about what they had said. Levy did seem like the type of person to do something like that but he also didn't at the same time. Especially with the way I caught him looking at Sam that night.

I swear they're probably dating secretly. They laugh at everything the other says and stare at each other with heart eyes.

It makes me jealous. I want to be stared at like that.

"Here," Noah called out. Conversations around me died down as Mattie, a light grey haired girl who reminds me a little of a mix of the night and death, picked the lock with a hair clip.

Once the door was open we all rushed in and followed Levy in a single file line to the third floor, that everyone thought was haunted and therefore left deserted. He lead us down a long hallway and opened the only door at the end of it.

Light flooded into the dark hall and we all rushed in.

"You're gonna love this place," Sonya winked nudging me in the side with her elbow as we made our way in.

The room was old money themed. Hardwood dark colored floors along with a section of greyish brown carpets  and a pale brown color for the walls along with every other room in the school.

It was held up by dark wood, probably for decoration, and had one window with a window seat built in. There was a TV and in front of it, a coffee table and a couch.

In between the TV and door, is a railing and the door is basically on a long runway like platform except shorter and there are steps at the bottom to get down. There is a round dark brown table with eight chairs and oddly enough, a closet.

"It's cozy," I said sinking into the couch.

"This is where we always go," Sam said softly.

"What do you guys do here?" I asked her but she hid behind a book and Jody answered instead.

"Each other." He said.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes.

Jody shrugged off a laugh and continued doing whatever he was doing.

"Want me to do your nails?" Sonya asked sitting in front of me on a small beanbag chair with a case of all kinds of different nail polish.

"Oh boy," I laughed.

Word count: 1012
Sorry for not posting in so long😭have a good day/night
LOVE YOU🫶🏻