Epilogue

"Hey Jody!" I say as I walk into the boarding school that was supposed to protect me all those months ago. I'm holding a box of pastries Sebastian and I made for the gang. Spring is finally here and with it are the birds chirping, the plants growing, and the breeze flowing. I love spring.

"Adeline!" Jody says greeting me at the entrance. "The others are so exited to see you, we've missed you here."

I smile at his words and hand him the box of pastries. "Sebastian and I made these for you and the others," I say. "Well.. Sebastian tried to teach me how to do it and I failed miserably, but it's all edible, I think."

Body takes the box and opens it. Inside are some donuts with frosting everywhere but on the actual donut, macaroons that look gorgeous, and cookies with basic frosting because I couldn't do any better than that.

"Made with love, clearly," Jody jokes. We laugh and continue to talk as he leads me to the room.

When we get to our lounge room, nothing has changed. There's still a couch, a tv, a window seat. Absolutely everything is the same and it makes me so happy. At the round table, everyone is sitting playing some weird version of cards.

"Adeline!" They all say at the same time and drop their cards to greet me.

"She brought treats!" Jody says opening the box as he enters the room. Everyone has to take a double take because of how messed up the pastries are.

They look at me with a level of concern I only thought my father could look at me with.

"It's all edible, just not pretty."

Mateo shrugs and grabs a donut. "Food is food," he says as he takes a bite. Once he doesn't drop dead, everyone else follows.

We eat pastries and hang out all day. We do what we usually do, have fun. But when the end of the day comes, I have no more time to stall.

"Guys," I say. "I have something to tell you all."

They all circle around me. Im sitting on the couch and all of them are on the floor in front of me or directly to the side of me. I feel like a storyteller.

Everyone leans in to hear what I have to say.

"My mother is old, she can't rule France anymore, so... IM BEING COORDINATED!!" I say. "I'm going to rule France in just a few short weeks."

The room erupts in cheers and congratulations. Jody goes to the closet and pulls out a bottle of wine.

"This calls for celebration!" He exclaims as we all laugh at the fact he has a hidden bottle of wine.

We pass the bottle around as we talk about how I'm going to rule France. As I take a sip of the wine and feel the tingling in my stomach I smile. Im happy. I'm not devastated by trauma or the loss of Sonya, my friends are enjoying their lives, my mother and I have never been closer, I have real friends. Hayden and I are officially in a relationship after months of hating each other and being confused.

I'm ready for this new chapter in my life, the happy one. I'm done with the trauma and the heart ache, I'm done with the torture and pain. Good times are here and better times are coming, I can feel them.

Word count: 580
12-27-23
1:25 am
(Not revised)
THE END!!!