Chapter 9

I quickly broke the eye contact and looked away. Heading in my direction was The headmistress, Mrs Renea. She said a polite "excuse me" to all the people she bumped into in the large crowd she was pushing past. Once she reached me she extended her hand behind my back and tapped Sonya on the shoulder.

Sonya leaned in as Mrs Renea whispered a quick, "please show him around after the assembly." Sonya nodded and the headmistress disappeared into the large crowd.

Sonya leaned into my ear and said, "wanna show him around with me? I don't wanna do it alone." I hesitated for a moment before nodding and turning back to the stage.

When the boy is finally finished introducing himself and answering questions the room erupts in clapping. Then the headmistress takes the stage again.

"Okay, settle down," she says. The gym quiets down. "Leave from the exits to the left, make your way back to your desired locations please, students." The students leave the gym formally. Sonya and I stay, loosing the friends we were with.

Sonya walks up to the stage and I follow. When the headmistress sees us walking over she smiles with all her teeth.

"Hayden, this is your tour guide. I'll leave you to it!" She said with a nod before she turned to leave. "I'll be in my office," she yelled as she walked away.

"Hi, Hayden. I'm Sonya and this is Adeline," Sonya said. Hayden smiled to us both and his eyes crept on me for a second more than Sonya. "Let's start this tour," Sonya said a little louder than expected, even for herself. Hayden didn't flinch like I did. He nodded and followed closely behind Sonya and I.

_______________

The tour lasted an extremely long time and I felt as if I was going insane. Hayden could probably create a detailed map of everything in the entire school. When the tour was over, Hayden went to the office to get his uniform and Sonya and I went to our dorm.

"That was fun," I said sarcastically as I flipped onto my bed, pulling my jacket off.

"Careful with the jacket!" Sonya scolded. "That is the best thing I have ever created." I rolled my eyes and took my jacket off extra slowly to mock her. She rolled her eyes.

"It wasn't that bad," she said changing the subject back.

"Wouldn't want to do it again," I shrugged.

"You'll probably have to," Sonya laughed as she pulled her uniform off. I looked away, at the ceiling and realized how hard my head was pounding.

"By the way," Sonya said. "We have a secret room we like to go to when we don't have school or before a class or, you know, just to chill out." I felt her gaze on me and looked. We made eye contact.

"We?" I asked knowing who she meant but wanting to make sure.

"The group that brought you to the party on last nighg," she said.

"Okay," I said. "Is that your way of inviting me?" I asked jokingly.

"Don't be a jacka*s!" She shrieked and threw her jacket at me. I smiled and put my hands up in mock surrender.
Then I felt like I was missing something. I jumped up when I realized it.

"I forgot my library book in the library," I said as I walked to the door.

"Want me too go with you?" Sonya asked.

"No. It will just take more time. I'll be back in a minute," I said shaking my head. Sonya nodded and I turned the doorknob.

Once I was out of the dorm I speed walked to the library, that just happened to be a long walk away.

I hadn't put my jacket on and the cold night air made me shiver. I started jogging once I saw the school building.

Once I had made it inside I took a deep breath, taking in the warm air of the school. I grabbed my arms to warm myself up faster and made my way to the library.

The halls were empty. The whole school was deserted. I heard heals clacking on the recently washed floors and panicked.

Carefull, I jogged, praying I wouldn't slip on the floor, into the library. The library's floor was carpeted and quiet.

I spotted the round table I had been sitting at with Sonya and all of her friends, and walked over to it. Sitting on the round wooden table was my library book, I fell in love with hope.

I quickly grabbed it but before I could leave a book fell from a shelf to the carpet floor. I looked around and found nothing. Then the footsteps neared and I panicked. I ran to the shelves and hid.

The library doors opened and the headmistress walked in with her nose in the air and her expression, annoyed.

"Whoever is in here, you're supposed to be asleep," she said. I watched her through the spaces in the shelves as she got closer and closer. I wanted to move, I needed to move, but my feet were planted to the ground and I was frozen.

She looked in each shelve as she walked. She was a shelf away from me when I felt someone grab my arm and pull me away. The room was dark and I didn't see who it was but my feet could finally move and whoever it was just saved me from a detention so I wasn't complaining.

Mrs Renea didn't hear us running away. Not even I could hear footsteps. Maybe my own but whoever was pulling me along with them was completely silent.

Once we were far away from the headmistress, the dark figure stopped running and leaned me against a shelf. The first thing I noticed was a flat chest when he pressed our bodies together and looked up as if he were praying to get out of this alive.

He's a boy.

I tried to speak but he put his hand over my mouth and shook his head. That's when I noticed blond hair. The moonlight was shining in from the huge glass window we were beside and his features became more prominent.

I stared. His face was so familiar. I couldn't see his eye color but I saw his lips and the tips of his hair. His skin and jawline. He was beautiful.

It's just the moonlight.
I told myself.

It wasn't.

We stared at each other for a long time and got lost in each other's faces.

Out of nowhere the headmistress appeared beside us and crossed her arms as she she shined a flashlight on us.

Word count: 1115
4/3/23
I seriously need to post more but I'm not motivated cuz no one reads this 😭
Have a great day!!