Chapter 16

Schools starts up again on Monday. It was boring as usual, the only memorable parts were when Jody made the teacher spin in circles on the small stage in the front of the class. It's a long story.

At the end of the school day, Sonya and I walked to the groups secret room. Hayden was there, a new normal I guess. Sonya nudged me on the shoulder with a smirk on her face when she noticed me "staring at Hayden."

I couldn't have been staring though, I had only been looking at him for a few seconds, I think.

Sonya and I walked in together. Everyone was burst about the room, some playing games, some watching TV others reading, by others I mean one person, Sam.

Sam was accompanied by Levy. He was resting his head on her soft belly as she read silently to herself. He played with her hair and ran his hand along her leg once or twice, occasionally. I stared longingly.

I never wanted to get a mirage arranged for me like my parents did but I could never meet someone I liked. They were all to stuck up or only cared about me for status. I wanted a real love who loved me without judgment.

A love who cared for me and could see and deal with the worst sides of me. But it was highly unlikely. My parents had already started arranging dates for me to meet people, at least they weren't making me blindly marry a man. At least I could meet him first.

Once I was done copying Sonya's notes she and I talked.

"So, wanna be my test dummy for a new outfit I'm making?" She asks.

"Sure," I answer. "You don't have a manakin?"

"No, I do. I just want to see what it'll look like on an actual living thing," she says.

"What's it look like?" I ask.

"It's a short red dress, pretty sexy not gonna lie."

Sounds it too.

"Okay, how short we talkin?" I ask.

Songs forced me to stand up and she puts her hand a above my knee, about mid thigh, to answer my question.

"About here," she says in case I didn't get the memo.

"Not too shabby. My parents would have a heart attack if they saw me in it though."

"They don't let you wear anything but long ball gowns," she teases with a snicker. It's not true but might as well be.

"It's almost like you've know me forever," I laugh.

She covers her smile and nods continuously in agreement.

Levy makes a loud coughing noise as he stands from his position with Sam on the window.

"Tomorrow," he starts once everyone is paying attention, "there is a party," Jody immediately starts cheering. "Out of town." Jody stops.

"I know how it sounds," Levy says moving his hands to say 'calm down' "but I hear it's supposed to be really fun, they have all kinds of stuff we've never even seen before. Who's in?"

With a little hesitation, slowly people start raising their hands.

"Alright then!" Jody whistles. "Next Friday, we leave!" He shouts. Everyone begins to cheer and dance.

Sonya and I, along with the other girls of the group, laugh at their childishness.

____________

The week rattles on rather quickly and it's the weekend. Sonya and I are packing our bags, apparently Levy and Noah got people to cover for us, for the entire weekend. But we have to be back for Sunday church.

Sonya and I were told to pack lightly so we had to choose very carefully. Especially Sonya, she's very into fashion and every outfit she wears has to "catch the attention of everyone, it has to be original and amazing." She never wears the same outfit twice, no mater how good it is, "the next will just have to be better," is her motto.

"Should I wear this? Or this?" She asks me holding a light blue skintight dress up to her body then switching it out with the exact same thing just a different color, white.

I've been done packing for an hour now.

"Definitely the white, it compliments your pale skin, black hair, and eyes," I tell her. She's the one who taught me how to understand fashion and how it's supposed to look on a person.

"You think?" She says holding it out to examine it.

"Yeah, blue doesn't suit anything but your skin," I tell her. She nods. We're both in agreement that pale skin matches any light color but it's hard to find a dark color it can match with other than black.

"Okay which accessory?" She asks holding up a black heart shaped back with a gold chain to hold it around her shoulder and a short black bag that basically goes under her armpit.

"Heart one, definitely."

"Yeah, the other one bothers me. Don't even know why I have it."

Then she pulled out jewelry, gloves, and jackets.

This is going to take forever.

A few more hours pass and it's time to leave. I basically have to drag Sonya out of the dorm, because she isn't done packing after all those hours.

"One more dress!" She hollers trying to pry herself back into the dorm.

"You have nine!" I yell back quietly. It's nighttime, far past lights out. Sonya pouts and then I lock the dorm.

"Sorry, we can't be here forever. We have to meet with the others so hurry before they get impatient and leave us." Sonya nods and we speed walk to the group room, where we said we would meet up.

"Took you long enough," Levy grumbled when we finally arrived.

"Yeah, sorry. You know Sonya," I answered. Sonya elbowed me in the side as she rolled her eyes.

"The buss is going to leave soon we have to be fast," Noah announced.

We threw our luggage out the window and then, one by one, climbed out. Levy led the way through the woods to the city, where we usually ventured to get to parties, to get to the buss stop.

We sit on the buss bench and wait. Sonya instantly falls asleep, so do most of the others.

Everyone except me, and Levy.

Word count: 1033
5-14-23
Guys my school is almost over, in the summer I'll have much more free time to write!!
(Don't forget to vote!)