Chapter 52

⚠️ knives ⚠️

Hayden is standing still in front of me, it seems like he doesn't know what to do, or he's still processing. Or, maybe he knew it was her and doesn't know what to do now.

I don't know.

"Adeline, I'm so glad you could make it here. As you may know, your a featured guest."

"No," I say in a hushed voice.

"Yessss!" She smiles.

Hayden takes a step in front of me. The headmistress rolls her eyes, pulls out a gun.

"Move aside," she says moving the gun in the direction she wants Hayden to move.

"Don't hurt him," I say.

"Or what? You'll hurt me?" She laughs. "I'm the one with the gun."

"I-" I don't know how to respond. I don't want to give myself up but I don't want Hayden to get hurt.

"If you touch her—"

"Oh, hush. You mean always seem to think you know best, think your stronger than everyone, on top of the world. Your not," she snarls, glaring at Hayden. "Your all the same, pathetic, weak."

Hayden glares back.

"You think you intimidate me?" She asks, a small smile in her voice. She points the gun at me.

I gasp.

"Stop," Hayden demands.

"Or what?" She laughs again. "You knew we wanted her dead and you decided to bring her anyway? That wasn't smart, Hayden."

Hayden doesn't respond.

"I really did think you were smarter than that. Maybe you'd be the one to finally give me challenge, but no. You're just like everyone else."

Hayden's quiet again.

Mrs Renea moves the gun around, aiming it at me still as she talks. "This kid here," she says looking me right in the eyes. "Is a part of a mafia, did you know that?" She says with a smile. "I bet you didn'ttt!" Her voice raises to a squeal when she talks about it, all of this is exiting to her.

"The two lovebirds have so many secrets still. I thought love was different, guess I was wrong," she says with a fake frown.

The gun moves to aim straight for my heart.

"I bet it hurts you to know that I was the one to tell you and not him. Does it hurt you right here?" She asks, getting close enough to press the gun to my chest, right where my heart is.

I don't respond. I don't know how to feel about any of this.

"Adeline—"

"Uh- no," she says hitting his head with her free hand. "The adults are talking hun."

"I'm the same age as he is," I growl back.

"Oh, but I thought you were more mature, seeing as you have so little secrets you have yet to tell him. You must really care for him, unlike his fake love for you."

"We aren't even dating!" I blurt out at her.

She looks hurt.

"Yeah, everything you've said, I don't care. Because we don't love each other. We hate each other actually."

The words seem to make Hayden sink into the ground.

Mrs Renea laughs. "Ah!" She says wiping a tear. "What a performance." She pauses for a moment, glares at both me and Hayden. "Now let's be real. If you hated him, why would you be crying in his arms, touching his scars? Sleeping with him? You think I don't know your every move? Adeline, honey, I've been wanting to kill you forever. Now I have you in my grasp and you think I don't know everything about you? Hah!"

A shiver runs down my body.

I watch Hayden's eyes dart around the room, trying to find a way to escape, to defend ourselves. But he finds nothing. His eyebrows drop, his face droops. He feels useless. Helpless.

Like me.

We're both helpless.

Before we can think again, Mrs Rena pulls the trigger twice, one hits my arm, the other hits Hayden's.

Not bullets.

Darts?

tranquilizer darts.

______

When my eyes open again, I'm completely alone, in a dark room. I'm freezing, I'm in a bra and underwear, my hair is stuck to the back of my neck, hands and feet tied to the chair in sitting in.

I try to move the chair but quickly realize it's bolted to the floor.

"Someone's awakeeee~" Mrs Renea squeals. "I've been waiting so long. I wonder how much tranquilizer was in that gun."

I still feel sleepy and dizzy, still trying to adjust to the world.

"Awww, I must have put wayy to much, your eyes can't even focus on me, look they're vibrating," she says picking something up and holding it up to me, when I see myself in the reflection I notice it's a mirror.

There's only one light hanging above me. It flickers on and off.

"Your crazy," I say to her as soon as she puts the mirror back.

"Oh, You haven't seen anything yet," she smiles. A chill runs down my spine.

What do I do in this situation? I've been trained to fight but never to escape once I fail to win the fight.

"Don't look so scared, it's ruining my mood," she says sharply.

I don't change anything.

"Fine, be like that. Let's get straight to business then, alright?" She claps and the lights turn on, I'm in a wear house.

Across from me is a rack holding all kinds of torture devices, knifes, guns, all kinds of nails, ect.

"Oh don't look so scared, you'll probably die of fear before I even get to the fun part," she says with a smile. "Though that wouldn't be very fun, would it?" She counters with a frown. "Just try to stay alive for as long as you can, okay? We'll settle with that."

I don't respond. Watch as she grabs a thick knife from the rack.

"Oh, Adeline, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do this for."

She presses the knife against my exposed waist.

"Wait!" I yell before she cuts into me. She stops. "Is my family okay?" I ask, staring directly into her eyes.

She smiles and laughs. That's all she does before pressing the knife to my skin and cutting.

A scream escapes me as she cuts deeper and deeper, the pain is excruciating.

Word count: 1036
8-21-23
(Not revised)
Guys I'm not ready for Adeline to die 😞
it was fun knowing you, Line
HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS ❤️