Chapter 78

We abandon the others in the old shack and go to the nearest bar, a place where all the bartenders know Graysons first name and are on a first name basis with him. They don't ask for our ids or how old we are, just what we want to drink.

Grayson doesn't stop talking even when he gets his drink. Hayden and I exchange annoyed looks when Graysons not paying attention.

"So," Grayson starts once his second drink comes out. He pulls it close. I take a sip of mine. Hayden watches me carefully. "What's your name, darling?" He asks me.

"Adeline," I say swirling my drink around.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful face."

"Grayson," Hayden warns. Grayson grins and puts his hands in the air once again in mock-surrender.

"Anyway, Adeline, would you like to hear one of the stories I have stored up about your darling Hayden here?" He asks.

I tilt my head, interested. Hayden shakes his head. "No."

"Is your name Adeline now, missy?" Grayson asks Hayden mockingly. When Hayden doesn't respond he smiles. "That's what I thought."

I fake think about it just to urck Hayden. "Yeah," I say despite Hayden's warnings not to. "I would."

Graysons smile reaches both his ears, it reminds me of the Cheshire Cat from Alice and wonderland. 

The story - Hayden's POV

"Okay. No. Whatever, just find a way to replace the damages," I hear my father say through the door. I hear him hang up the phone, lay back in his chair.

"HAYDEN," he calls. I wait outside for a few seconds before I open the door. "Get me the lighter," he orders as I open the door. Dread fills my body as I realize what's going to happen.

I grab the lighter from the bookshelf it's always on. As k get closer to my father I realize he has a knife sitting on his desk too.

"Take your shift off, come on, you know the drill." I take my shirt of and face my back to him as I fall to my knees carefully. The pain I feel is almost instant. The second my knees hit the ground, my father begins. I feel my skin melting, becoming loose on my bones as he holds the lighter to it. I feel the hot blade of the knife tear it apart and sear permanent cuts into my back.

Every few seconds I would hear my father groaning with pleasure, his smile was too big, he enjoyed hurting people—me—too much, but he didn't care.

Once it was over, he ordered me to get up, put my shirt on, and leave. Before I reached the door he threw the lighter at me and ordered me to put it away, and while I did it he told me to tell Grayson what had happened and filled me in on it so I could.

I left his office steaming with anger. I grabbed my keys and jacket from the jacket wrack and stormed out the door. I broke the speed limit by at least 100 miles an hour as I went to Graysons apartment.

I knocked on the door aggressively and he answered quickly. "Whoah, what's the matter with you?" He asks as I push through him and search his cabinets and closeted for alcohol. I just needed something to forget everything.

When I found none I looked at him. "Our drugs and alcohol department has been intercepted on its way here," I tell him.

"So what are you looking for?" He asks.

"You always have something."

He grins, nodding. "You were always my favorite, you know."

"You tell me all the time."

He shakes his head, crossing his living room and lifting a floorboard.

Inside was a pile of drinks. All different kinds of alcohol. "My team intercepted the truck," he says with a smile. "Your father has plenty of booze, he doesn't need more when he hasn't even sold all the stuff he already has."

I nod in agreement.

"I'll have endless alcohol."

"You'll have to share," I say with a smile.

"Of course." He pulls a bottle from the floorboard. Vodka. "This stuff is strong, can you handle it?" He asks.

I tilt my head in disbelief. "I can handle anything."

"That's what they all say."

I roll my eyes and watch him pour me a glass. He hands it to me and I drink it like a shot. The burning sensation I feel as it goes down my throat is unimaginable. I tap my glass on the counter to indicate wanting more and Grayson gives up.

"Just take the whole d*mn bottle, kid," he says pouring himself a glass then handing me the bottle.

I take a swig, then another. The bottle is gone quickly.

"At this rate your going to drink all my alcohol," Grayson says as he watches me pull another bottle from the floorboard. "Why don't we go out to a bar or something? We can get unlimited booze~"

"Okay," I agree. Grayson has always been greedy with things like alcohol so I can see why he would want to get out of here, so I don't drink all his alcohol.

We go to a nearby club. Since my father owns 90% of the clubs in france, we get free drinks practically anywhere.

Once we get there I get lost in drinks. I drink until I can hardly feel my body. I remember letting strippers dance on me, starting a fight, climbing on tables, drinking random peoples drinks, and taking a random girl to a hotel near the club. When I wake up, I leave her and met Grayson at his apartment, where he cant stop exclaiming how cool he thinks I am.

"I mean, I had never seen such a party crazy teenager." Grayson takes a sip of his drink. "He was the life of the party, dancing on tables, starting fights with people who were absolutely ripped, people who should have beat him in a fight but didn't. If we went back there, to this day, people would call him a legend."

"Wow," I say. I don't know how I feel about it all.

"But now he's a sour puss." Grayson cals the bartender for another drink.

I look over at Hayden, he's been too quiet this whole time. I lean in closer as Grayson is distracted.

"Are you okay?" I whisper into his ear.

He shuffles in his seat, smiles. Ear to ear.

He blushes.

Hayden's cheeks actually turn a little red. All because I whispered in his ear. I feel myself begin to melt.

Hayden turns to face me. "I'm fine," he says. Our lips are centimeters away. Now I feel myself blushing.

"Save that for when your alone, weirdos," Grayson says snapping us back into reality.

Word count: 1138
2:58 pm
11-26-23
(Not revised)
Ngl sometimes I write like 90% of the chapter and then just let it sit in my drafts for a month 💀