Bonus 1 - The Coronation

For these bonus chapters I decided to keep Sonya alive. You're welcome.

"I'm all shaky," I tell Hayden, holding out my shaking hands for him to hold. "Feel," I say as he takes them.

He brings my hands to his mouth and kisses them. "You're going to be fine," he says moving my hands back down and making eye contact with me. "You've been through much worse than a crown being put on your head."

I laugh and nod. "You're right."

"I usually am."

I roll my eyes and pull my hands away from his when I hear someone coming.

"I'm Stella and We're here to fit you for the dress," a tall woman says walking into the room with long white heels and a short white dress. Around her neck there's a measuring tape. Her hair is light brown and Her eyes are green. A much shorter, and younger, girl with black hair follows closely behind Stella.

"This is my apprentice, Fiona. You'll need to leave," she says, pointing at Hayden.

Hayden starts leaving the room but I grab his arm. "He can stay," I say looking at the woman who rolls her eyes and waves her hand to signal for me to hurry up. I pull Hayden back and lead him to the off-white couch. Once he's comfortable, I stand on the elevated spinning pedestal in the middle of the room.

Stella gawks at me. "You want us to measure you fully clothed? Is that how you intend to wear the dress? With jeans and a T-shirt under it?"

I blush and shake my head with a shy smile. "I'm sorry," I say. "I—"

"Don't apologize, take your clothes off, leave your underwear on." I feel tears pricking my eyes from the way she's talking to me but I take a deep breath and don't let a single tear leave my eye. I take my T-shirt and jeans off and toss them to the side.

Stella leaves the room to grab something and I take the time to glance at Hayden. He's shaking his head. He looks like he's deciding if he wants to kill the measurer or not.