Chapter 66

Before my eyes open in the morning, I feel something heavy stretched across my body from my shoulder to the back of my lower waist.

An arm.

Fingers, I feel under my side.

I slowly open my eyes in confusion. When I do, I'm greeted with the bluest of eyes staring back at me. When I realize what's happening—Hayden wrapping his arms around me and watching me sleep—I practically jump out of bed.

"What the f*ck, Hayden!" I yell, tripping over the blanket that is now spewed across the floor.

He stares at me and sighs.

"Why— what—?" I didn't know what to say, should I yell at him? I'm speechless.

"You were screaming," he says quietly, I almost miss it. "All night."

My head tilts in utter confusion, I'm trying to grasp what he's saying. Why was I screaming?

"I couldn't just let you scream, I tried. I left, I promise, I didn't just grab you the second you started screaming. I knew you wouldn't want me to." He looks somewhat nervous as the words make their way to my ears.

Who told you that? I want to say desperately but my mouth won't move. Instead, I'm stuck in place watching him.

"That still doesn't explain everything— why were you watching me sleep?" I ask, pushing down The who told you that thought.

"I just woke up at the same time you did, I thought you were watching me."

I nod.

"This is so weird. I should have made you sleep on the floor."

He doesn't respond, instead he gets up.

And out of nowhere I finally realize, he's shirtless.

"Are you kidding?" I say lifting my eyebrows, I thought I made it clear I didn't want him in my bed, let alone shirtless.

"It was very hot last night," He grins with a wink.

I feel my cheeks flush and look away as he pulls a shirt over his head.

When I look back, I realize he's been wearing the same shirt ever since he got here. I also realize, I am to.

I desperately need a shower.

I walk past hayden and through the door. Sebastian is in the kitchen, making breakfast I realize as I get closer. The smell of bacon and eggs overwhelms me. It's not a bad smell.

"Good morning," he says with a tired smile. Under his eyes are dark purple eye bags. He looks exhausted, as if, just by my being here, he's aged thirty years. I take a seat at the table and stare at my hands.

"Sleep well?" He asks.

"I thought I did," I say with a short-lived smile. "But Hayden told me I screamed all night."

Sebastian nods biting his bottom lip.

"I hope I didn't disrupt your sleep for too long? Are you okay? You look tired." I take a breath, too many questions.

"No, it's not your fault, I'm a heavy sleeper so your screams didn't wake me up at first but I guess as they got louder I slowly woke up, but it's totally fine because I had to wake up early anyway to go to a friends house for a little anyway, hence the eye bags," he says pointing to under his eyes where the big purple bags are.

"Oh," I say. "Okay. When are you leaving?" I ask.

"Right now," he says placing a plate in front of me and grabbing his keys.

"Oh, okay, have fun," I say.

Sebastian widens his eyes just enough to let me know I said something wrong. "What?" I ask, tilting my head.

"It's just not fun, I'll be fine don't worry."

"Oh," I say. What is this newfound tension? "I'm sorry. I hope it goes by smoothly."

He nods and grabs a piece of toast as he leaves the kitchen.

When I hear the screen door open and shut, I stare down at my plate. My appetite is small, I feel sick. The eggs probably look normal but in my eyes they're green and the bacon is shriveled up. I can't eat it. I put it on the serving plate and walked to the bathroom.

I close the door and lock it before getting undressed and staring at my reflection. My skin is so pale it looks green. Everything looks green. My hair is so blond it practically glows and the mix of blond and green doesn't look good. My eyes are deep blue and are the most prominent thing on my body in contrast to my light green skin.

I step into the shower, the cold tile floor annoys me. I turn the water on to medium and when it starts flowing onto my face I feel just a little bit better, just a little less greasy.

By the time I get out all the windows are foggy. Once I wrap myself with a towel I make an effort to draw a smiley face on the mirror, smile at it, and leave.

I jump when I see a black figure move in the hallway. Then I hear Hayden laugh.

"I hate you," I say pulling my towel up higher and trying to walk past him.

"Really?" He asks taking a step closer so the light shines on both of us.

I practically feel myself shrink next to him. He towers over me so much so that I have to tilt my head up to see him. I feel myself shrink internally too. Do I really hate him? My emotions towards him have been so out of wack recently that I don't know if I can say I feel or don't feel anything towards him and not be lying.

"Yeah," I say trying to sound stern but it's obvious, to me at least, that I'm confused with myself.

"Hm."

Hayden's silence is so loud. He doesn't move, doesn't talk. He stands there, staring down at my hardly covered-dropping wet— body without saying a word.

After a few minutes of the awkward silence, I push past him to my room.

That's when I realize, I don't have a change of clothes.

Word count: 1019
8:53 pm
10-20-23
(Not revised) and
It's been so long since I've posted guys, I'm SOOO sorry there's been wayyy too much going on lol
But I'm free now so I'll try to post as much as possible JDJSJAVA