Kit, Boss, Anon

[ Trigger warning : just a quick disclaimer: this is not a cute little fic.... This chapter contains mention of child abuse, if you are not confortable reading it, stop there. ]

Kit & Boss P.O.V :

Kit and Boss walked down a dark alley, the neighborhood here was one of the poorest in town.
There were tramps and drug addicts on the floor, some sleeping in their vomit. Maybe some of them were dead too... Their bodies were a meal for rats and stray cats.

Boss spat in disgust, running a hand over his bald head:

''This asshole really left a baby in a dump like this?! Wow, he deserves the father of the year mug...''

Kit shrugged, his eyes blank, he had been a special forces soldier, he had seen many horrors. Nothing could really be more shocking to him now...
Kit noticed the place indicated by his informant: a green lamp post, the light of which flickered incessantly.

"Arggh.. disgusting.." Boss groaned as he saw dust settle on his suit.

''People here live in such misery. We should ask Anon to come and live here... He would fit perfectly, don't you think?''

Boss sneered, sometimes, rarely, Kit could be humorous.
The two guards often made fun of their colleague, but deep down there was genuine affection between the three bodyguards.
A wooden crate caught Kit's eye, there was a small blue blanket: it was the only thing that looked clean here.

"Do you think the baby is still alive?" This time, Boss' tone was serious.

Boss liked to laugh, smoke and fight... But he couldn't get used to kill people.
Kit was braver, he lifted the blanket, and the baby was there.
Asleep, lips blue from the cold, naked and he smelled bad.

''One more hour here and he'd be dead.'' observed Kit, taking the child without delicacy.

"Khun Kim is going to sell it to a rich man, right?"

Boss took off his jacket and wrapped the baby's body in the warm fabric.
The poor child did not even react, he seemed almost dead.
Kit took one last look around before shrugging.

''In this state ? The customer may not want it...''

"Don't tell me the client is going to... do sexual things with that baby? Seriously, Kit, he must be... Not even three months! What the hell...''

Boss was a clumsy man, but he tried to wave his arms to warm the child.
Kit took a cigarette out of his pocket, before sitting down on the sidewalk, his black eyes blank.

''It's the orders. Who knows...maybe it'll be a crazy scientist or a wealthy couple who just can't have children... Khun Kim didn't say anything and I didn't ask."

"Hum." Boss smiled slightly as he saw the infant's cheeks turn rosier. "I'm sure if the kid saw him, he would do anything to protect him."

Kit finished his cigarette and then stood up, putting his hands in his pockets.
He thought the same as Boss in truth: this kid had a pure heart. He would have loved the baby as soon as he would laid his eyes on him.
But the baby was alone with Kit and Boss.

"...Are you ready ? We should go now, the customer is waiting."

"Are we really giving him away like this ?" Boss's gaze was filled with concern. ''He hasn't even made any sounds yet....''

Kit frowned, before leaning towards the child: he had big black eyes, resting on the two guards.

''He's awake.'' exclaimed Boss. "Wow...he's pissing on me... Yuck."

Boss pushed the child away from his chest and the baby opened his mouth but no sound came out...
Oh.
Kit took the child in his arms, before placing two fingers against the baby's throat:

''He's mute...''

''Eh ?''

Kit looked at his colleague calmly, but his tone had a hint of anger.

''The baby... They ripped out his vocal cords. Look at his scar.''

Boss was appalled by this cruelty. He wanted to vomit when he noticed two huge marks on the infant's throat.
Kit was less surprised: in these neighborhoods, a noisy baby had no place... The child would have ended up being killed by rats or worse...

"We should take him to Khun Kim before delivering it... Imagine if the customer doesn't want it anymore because of that?"

Boss took out a handkerchief and wiped his pee-stained white shirt under the intrigued gaze of the baby.
At first suspicious, Kit ended up accepting.

''We're not going to leave him here anyway.''

''Perfect, let's go. I am hungry too...''

The two men resumed their journey. There was a long dark alley, and only the nauseating smell of excrement prevailed.
However, one element surprised Kit: a book in perfect condition leaning against a window.
Maybe it had been stolen... Or left there.
Boss complained of being angry again and the group moved faster.

Inside the villa :

''Khun Kim isn't here?'' wondered Boss seeing Kit come back from their master's office with the baby.

"I think... He left to follow Nong Chay."

''No way. Of fucking course, he did !'' growled Anon's muffled voice.

Anon was tied by ropes to a chair, his furious expression making Boss laugh.

"What did you do again, dear Anon?"

"Shut up, Boss."

''Make me.''

''You...'' Anon blushed with anger and embarrassment.

''There is no time for your horny ass.'' Kit hissed. "Where is Khun Kim?"

Boss untied Anon and the latter rubbed his wrists cursing.

"Did you guys know Khun Kim put a GPS tracker in Nong Chay's bracelet ?!"

''Yes.'' replied the men with one voice.

Anon rolled his eyes, but suddenly, he noticed the new born baby carried by Kit.

''Where the fuck did you found a baby ?''

''What do you mean ? In a supermarket of babies, of course...Dumbass...''

''Fuck you, Boss.''

''I would rather...''

''Boss, enough.'' scoffed Kit. ''We'll fuck later... Our job comes first. Let's wait for Khun Kim and Nong Chay.''

The baby looked at the three men with confusion, but at least, it was warmer and for now, he felt safe.