-69th-

(Fun fact: still using this map for Panem.)

)

"I am so sorry Finnick." She said, holding the sobbing boy in her arms as they sat in district 2's tribute quarters.

Annie Cresta, a girl Finnick talked too her about, he had fallen in love with her and tried to hide it from Snow because of his occupation in the Capitol.

But it got found out and low and behold, Annie's name was pulled at the reaping.

"I will lose her Thena. I lost her already." He cried in her arms, she never saw him brake down such a way, he truly loved that girl and it scared Athena, hoping she'll never love someone as much as he did.

Her brother was protected from the Capitol wrath but anyone else was at their mercy, just like with Annie, she never wanted to love anyone or they would suffer the same fate.

"Hey, trust in her a bit, you were a great mentor too her, she'll make it through."

"She is too gentle Thena, she'll never hurt a fly, how can she kill to survive? After what she saw?"

The games were already lasting for one week and today, Annie's district partner had been gruesomely beheaded in front of her by the female career tribute from 2, something Athena felt guilty for, the only thing lessening that guilt was that Annie had ran and escaped her hunters.

"She will make it, I promise." Athena whispered, watching the screen as the games went on, seeing the male tribute from 1 spear the female of 2, not feeling the slight bit sorry for her death.

But she was jealous.

She wished she had someone that could have held her like this when she needed it.

---------------------------------------------------

A flood.

A horrible and unprecedented flood shook all of Panem in the middle of the night.

And all the victors could do was watch as Finnick hollered in agony as he watched as the arena was flooding, Annie swimming for her life.

Mags held him as she crouched at his side, every other victor present standing on their feet, this was one of the worst games any of them had ever witnessed.

Athena held her breath each time the young girl was fully pulled under, breathing out in relief when she saw her surface, trying to grab something, anything, but the arena was merciless, not giving her a moment to catch her breath.

Boom.

"ANNIE!!!!" The girl was yanked under moments before the cannon sounded.