-Hand-

(You can't truly think I'd give her a win can you? Athena still stands, she can be pushed more.)

What does a person do when they are offered a solution after so much hardship that living becomes a curse?

Do they let it go?

Do they ignore it?

Do they stop?

No.

And as much as that solution was torturous, they will hold on.

Holding onto the knowledge that this is better then before.

And so when the beaten and battered Peeta, terrified for his life, realized he could get a beast to protect him, he doubled down.

Athena screamed her lungs out in anger, pulling and yanking but unable to do anything, a thick cuff around her left wrist, the one that had struck out in the film station, was tied down on a length of chain.

"Athy!!!" Peeta had sadly learnt that that name made her willing to do all to protect him, more then she had previously done for him, and he was unable to let go of it, the scared child in agony that he was.

But his torture was her own, the door too her room was left open, letting her hear him clearly begging for her to help him, pleading, and once again she was unable too do anything, literally shackled too the opposing wall.

"I'll gut you all!!" She yelled, pulling so hard, yanking and twisting, blood was dripping around her wrist as she sliced the cuff into it as she pulled. "Leave him alone!!!"

She pulled and pulled, trying to pull herself across the ground, hell, laying on it as she slammed her fist down, still she was unable to do anything other then worsen her body's condition.

She yanked so hard she pulled herself back on the smooth ground.

"Dammit!" Getting on her knees as she grabbed the chain attached to the cuff, this one hand keeping her trapped here.

She bared her teeth, looking at it.

She needed to get out.

She has been wronged.

She's angry, so angry.

It was just about a stench, this hate, seeping into the air.

It burns within like a roaring fire at each scream of the familiar nickname.

A fire that will burn, burn others around her, she will bring them all down.

She just needed to be free.

She glared at her arm, bringing it up, fist tight.

But fate decided otherwise.

Before she could even attempt to try to rip into her hand with her teeth, she heard some familiar steps through the screams.

That man again.

"You are nothing but a mutt." He said, laughing as he saw what she'd be ready to do. "What desperate animal would gnaw their own paw off? Surely not one without a chance of escape."

She glared at him as he whistled too himself before pulling out something from behind him in his belt, throwing it to her.

"Choose well mutt."

And he left.

Tho she didn't care for it, looking at the tool.

She reached her hand out and grabbed the handle, lifting the hammer up.

She tilted her head too the side before another scream ripped through the air, grabbing at her heart.

She scrambled too her feet and too the wall, holding it tight in her shackled hand as she is a leftie, she pulled the chain taunt with the other and struck several times where the chain met the wall.

The hammer bounced off it, she was almost able to hear her tormentors laugh as it did no damage.

She sat back down, shifting her gaze too the cuff.

It was a two part one with an interlocking mechanism.

Passing the hammer into her right hand, a bit more nervous.

She palmed the ground, flat, giving a soft hit on the closing mechanism.

She did it a few times before taking a breath and giving a stronger hit, flinching but she hit the metal and felt nothing, still holding the breath, she hit again and harder.

Why was nothing changing? How was this stuff so hard?

"Break dammit!!" The metal against metal actually sparked from this last hit but nothing changed, only that it bounced aside and left a little sore spot on her hand as it fell back on it as she watched, defeated, as the cuff was just scuffed and nothing more.

Tho that soreness.

The hammer had skipped off gently from the back of her hand.

The ghastly idea came too her.

She couldn't break the wall.

She couldn't break the chain.

She couldn't break the cuff.

Her hold on the hammer tightened as cold sweat sat on her brows.

She could, on the other hand, break just that.... A hand.

She pressed her palm hard into the ground again.

She just needs to get her hand out of the cuff, that's a thumb broken to fold down and the hand bones for her pinkie, that way her hand would not be larger then her wrist and she could pull it out.

But thinking it was different from doing it.

"ATHY!!!"

But dammit, there was someone counting on her to save them!

She bite her tongue as she held her breath, rising the hammer high above her head.

Closing her eyes.

Hands trembling.

And swung down.