-Trackerjacker-

Athena was striped of her suit and thrown back in her freezer of a room in the basic short and T-shirt she previously had.

"I hope they all got to see that punch!" She yelled through the white walls, hitting her fist against it before hugging herself, already shivering.

She started walking circles even if she knew that keeping herself warm would be a futile task, she was still not going to lay down like a docile dog.

It was not long after that, or was it long? She had no sense of time. The door shifted open and she dropped her arms.

The several armed peacekeepers kept her from lashing out but despite looking relaxed, tension filled her body, ready to bounce if given the option.

"Back up." One said, without a helmet, looking like an old drug addict, the skin a sickly yellow, sunken in eyes and fallen flaps of old skin, the white mustache stained with whatever he took, almost bald with an ugly healed rash still visible.

She lifted her arms in surrender and took two steps back from the middle of the room, they were still more scared of her then she was off them.

What made her drop her smile was who was dragged in.

"Annie." She said, already knowing Peeta was here but realizing she too, it meant most of the mentors for the 75th were caught and that didn't please her at all, she dropped her arms with a glare.

Both gagged with what looked like tape tied around their mouth so tight that it made the skin bulge out in the gaps left, hands cuffed behind their backs and shoved too their knees with guns pressed to their head.

"You acted out against president Snow's mercy." The old guard said.

A parcel of the ground rose up too waist height and he pull out a syringe and set it on it before backing away from it.

"So you will be punished."

"Throw what you want at me, I won't break." Even if they'd use two other victors to try to make her resist less.

"These are the rules, this syringe can't be broken or we'll kill them." The guard said, playing on Athena's almost visceral need to protect, having conditioned herself too it. "It needs to be used but it can't be on you or we'll kill them."

She looked at him with fury.

"You love control so much? We'll give you control... Athena Hadley, who will you sacrifice?" He asked, waving too Peeta and Annie struggling against their restraints behind him, the girl sobbing while the boy looked mortified.

"You..." Athena whispered, staring at the syringe. "What even is this shit?!"

"You defied the Capitol long enough, refusing to follow orders so you don't need to anymore... That is... Unless you want to save them. Time is ticking, you better chose who you will inject or both will die.

"You monsters." She hissed, picking up the syringe and testing the tip on her finger as she looked at the greenish liquid, watching the little improvised platform sink back into the ground.

The little prick actually felt like someone had hit a nail through it.

"Trackerjacker." She breathed out, only that could hurt so much for so little, glaring at the guards. "You are insane if you think I'll give this too either one of them!"

"So be it." He snapped, Annie's guard hitting her in the head with the butt of his gun before aiming down at her while Peeta's pulled him back and put the gun too his chin.

"Stop!" She called out, unable to watch this go through.

"See? We can cooperate... So who will you choose."

She grumbled but her hands holding the syringe were trembling, she'd be hurting one of them anyway.

She squeezed on her hands.

"I... Chose." She told the captive victors, taking a step over, guns aimed at her own head.

"You wanted control so badly, now relish in it."

She crouched down in front of Peeta, a hand on his cheek, feeling the tension in the tape under her hand and the tremble too his body.

"I'm so sorry." She said, she could never do that too Annie, she is too fragile, she'd never survive this ordeal.

She watched Annie be dragged out as she cried into the gag.

Peeta was strong, he had a good heart, he deserved so much more and she was throwing him under the bus for Annie.

She perceived a terrified nod as he looked into her eyes, she couldn't, breaking away.

"Good, now in the neck, I assume you know where too since, after all, that's your specialty."

"You'll be the first to die once I get out of here." She hissed, not pressing the air bubble out of the syringe before taking a breath and stabbing it in the vein that was into his neck, always seeing nurses make sure there was no air in the syringe, hoping that it would be lethal that she didn't get rid of it, so he wouldn't have to suffer for long. (I am not that nice)

The reaction almost came immediately, a scream of agony so loud that the gag barely held it, his body jerking up, trying to contort away from his own neck.

"I'm sor--" She was kicked in the chest, sent sliding away as the peacekeepers effortlessly dragged away the writhing boy, his screams filling the room and halls.

"From now on, you are in control of all their lives." The peacekeeper said, pointing at her as she sat on the ground. "each of your mistakes will reflect on them but don't worry, while you bend down and grovel like the dog you are, nothing will happen too them."

"Aaah!" She jumped out, trying a swing at him but the door-wall slammed closed and she just ran into it. "You bastards! Come back here!!" She beat her fist against the wall, in hopes someone would be stupid enough to open it, Peeta's screams now a loud echo through this hellhole.

She sank to her knees, hearing them louder then they probably were, an echo of her choices.

The illusion of control.

And how much she wished it would have really been an illusion.