-''Yeah, thanks.''-

It was worst and worst.

Despite it being slow bleeding, she could feel this arrow inflicted wound sapping away at her strength, she had just chose to pull the zipper closed and ignore it despite it all.

It was almost creating a headache, sure she knew of the dangers of an untreated wound but what could even be done about it? Nothing here could help here.

"I so see why you want to kill her."

Athena chuckled a bit, she was standing waist deep in the salty water even if the salt felt like having some hot metal pressed into her side, salt water is used as disinfectant, that's all she can do but she wasn't in here for that.

"She is annoying yeah?" She asked Johanna who was rinsing the blood out of her suit, skin and hair, leaving a lot of pinkish water around her, Athena was surprised with the amount of blood soaked into her own outfit, how much can a human bleed without collapsing jeez? Because she is still standing.

"How dare she shoot you?" She asked back, throwing her hands into the water and looking at her, the others near the shore and Katniss helping Wiress clean herself as she was slowly calming down, saying a bit more then tick tock now but still not much or enough to be understood.

"I did go for the kill." She held up her gauntlets. "It would have been a shame if she didn't try to defend herself, cowardly."

"But how dare she hurt my loved one?!" Athena had a slight shocked tilt to her head before smiling, crossing her arms.

"Dare hurt who?" She asked, teasing filling her tone.

"Oh shut up you idiot." Johanna splashed water up in Athena's face who laughed.

"If I meant so much you should have told me." She grinned, bending down a little, being slightly taller after all.

Johanna just hopped out of the water with both her hands grabbing Athena's head and shoving it down into it with her weight, both splashing down into it.

"You never liked my teasing." Athena said, spluttering as she stood back up and brushing her bangs out of her face, unbothered by the water stinging her eyes.

"Who likes being teased?" Johanna wiped her face as she glared at her.

"You wouldn't say the same thing in bed." And the next thing Athena knew was one of her legs being yanked up from the sandy bottom of the water and got shoved by it, falling flat on her back and underwater.

Flailing to surface but she laughed as she pushed away from Johanna before the younger victor could think of how to drown her.

"Athena Hadley!" Johanna yelled at the laughing woman who slapped the surface of the water, holding her aching side made worst because of the laughing fit.

"Oh damn." She wiped her tears. "This felt great." She took a deep breath, still smiling. "Don't get mad at me now little wolf, that isn't a good look on you." 

"Then stop making me mad! Why do I even love you?!"

Athena shrugged with her hands behind her back.

"I wouldn't know because I don't even love myself."

"Now that's just sad." She said and only got another shrug back.

"All that I love about myself is the damned mistake that killed my brother but saved you." Athena chuckled. "A worthy mistake despite the consequences and agony of it."

She could almost be happy for that mistake even tho she still would prefer her brother being alive.

"Well your eyes are nice." Johanna pointed at her.

"My eyes?"

"Yeah, those damned eyes of yours... I hated how they reminded me of home, the green leaves of my district so far from it and in the eyes of someone that would work to kill me, somehow always drawing me in."

"Adorable."

"Don't start... I guess that's where it started and why I love you."

Athena knew she awaited a similar answer but she couldn't say it, knowing cameras were on them, seeing this softer side was already enough for her, she didn't have the strength... Plus anyone she told those words, those 'I love you' s too had ended up dead and so she had a bit of reluctance.

Above all it would mean accepting what she has been refusing to acknowledge about their relationship, and even in this place, she refused too.

"Yeah, thanks." She said with a smile, it hurt her to say so but she was a coward, she couldn't say it.

She felt so guilty at the slight confusion on Johanna's face but all was washed away when Finnick yelled too them to join the rest of the group, having figured something out.