-Epilogue X-

(After this chapter it is time to slow down, you will get a XI still but I have arrived at the end of the post story that I want for Athena. You might get something still if I get an idea but consider the official ends of the Epilogues near.)

Honestly.

With how much they gave away from where they were going by simply talking around a dying boy, it was not a surprise that two deadly victors would be able to get up and track them.

The light in the mines flickered sickly yellow, illuminating the fresh corpses of a young woman and man, both having thrown away their lives by attacking someone Athena cared for.

Ares, walking in front, moved with such care that he was almost one with the darkness of the cave, melding into the walls.

Athena didn't care, let them all come, she is out for blood.

Ares lifted a hand and with two fingers pointed down a stone hall twice and then at another twice too, both hearing voices nearing by not bothered.

With a nod, Athena effortlessly got around him despite the narrow halls and ducked down into the shadows of the side tunnel, the young man steeping into the other one.

He did a two finger wave and she nodded again, turning her back to him and going forwards. These men have forgotten just who their victors were and why hiding in the mines was not a good idea.

Athena climbed an old rust ladder and climbed of the stone block that was mined around but not yet moved, crawling between the ceiling and it, pulling to the ledge.

Peeking out, the men were passing bellow, brandishing their weapons but trembling, the echoes of agony the others suffered bouncing far and deep into the caves, knowing they sighed their deaths to Snow's murderers.

With a painful shove, she pushed herself out, jamming her hand on the stone wall to not yet fall before pulling her legs out and letting herself drop, gravel and sand creasing under her feet.

The men turned around in panic, one already screaming tho it was cut short as Athena swung her arm in an uppercut but without closing her hand, the first claw hitting near his belly button and the the slices went up, slamming his head back before the metal finally skipped of the jaw bone and exited the body.

But it was not enough, Athena driving a kick into the side of his head, the impact of the boot on the skull and then the skull on the stone cutting his suffering short.

Where was the second one? When Athena's claw skidded off the bone, he was getting impaled from behind by two swords before they were yanked apart and the man was cleaved in two, finished off with a stab through the back of the neck.

Ares gave a nod, walking back ahead.

They knew they were near, Jay muttered about them heading to the Captiol after all, few knew but 2's mines spread far and deep, maybe further then Panem, but there was one and only section of the tunnel network that led to the Captiol.... And it was now closed off from the kidnappers because it would require them coming and facing the two angry victors and they seemed brave to kidnap but cowards to face them in a fight.

They made their way to a ladder dropping down.

Athena pointed two fingers down and her thumb at her chest before waving those two fingers ahead of her as she looked at Ares.

He frowned, pointing between both of them and getting a shake. 

She pointed up at the light and down the tunnel and then down before joining her thumb and pointer to make a circle.