-Epilogue XI-

(It is a short chapter I know but it is a little conclusion.)

"Give it back!"

"Nu-uh."

"Yes!"

"No!"

Johanna sighed.... They will never grow up will they?

Like Tina and Rose are teens, TEENS! Why do they behave like little kids?

She sighed.... At least they get to be kids, chasing each other because of a hairbrush instead of a chase to kill.

How many years was it? Five? Yeah five, she'll go with that as she can't remember today's date no matter how hard she tries.

And she too, she is so young still, not in her 30 for a good few years still, a few short years ago, her life was one the line more times then she could count.

And yet she was here, entertaining herself by watching these two girls duke it out for a hairbrush, being children like she couldn't be.

She much prefers this life to the other one.

The darkness of being a victor will always weigh on her shoulder but as the days go on, she finds ways to make it easier.

"Hello there little wolf." The jabberjay said, landing on the railing near to where Johanna stood.

She smiled, having gotten used to it in the end, looking around to find its owner.

"Hi Thea." She smiled, actually hugging her even if she was still not the huggy type, this felt right.

The metal of the gauntlets didn't bother her even if it was cool against her skin.

Athena smiled at her... A true smile, a smile with hope.

"So, still fighting?" The bird asked for Athena as she rose a brow.

"Yeah, I don't know how you 2s can have so much energy."

Athena laughed softly at those words and grinned big with a shrug.

"Lets hope they are not too tired for later."

"And lets hope you will behave." Johanna poked her in the side, making Athena jump away, it was her turn to laugh.

Sure the girls were more like younger sibling to her and Athena but that didn't stop them to be associated with the victors past because of their present lives.

And as dark as the practice was, each year, because of Heymitch's greeeeaaaat idea, they had a get together between the victors aptly named a reaping, it was Ares' stupid idea and somehow.... It stuck, it freaking stuck.

But at least all those that know the weight of their past can get together and meet to look forwards to the future.

But why did Athena need to behave? Oh yeah, she became Katniss' son's favorite person after kicking his mother down a hill and he found it incredibly funny.

Johanna and everyone around didn't find it surprising, she still outright disliked Katniss, Peeta could outgrow his programming with the Trackerjacker since it was fear but Athena's was still and will always be with hate and that's seemingly harder to overcome it seems.

Finnick's son preferred Johanna, Annie having a heart attack, or almost, when the little boy had escaped the view of all and was climbing on books stacked up to reach for the axe hung on the wall.

"No promises." The bird squawked. 

"Well anyway, stop the girl, we need to go or Cinna will not shut up about us being late once again.

"Right right." The bird then screeched, flying away as Cinnamon pounced after it, the sneaky cat always trying to catch it these months.

Johanna watched with a smile as Athena easily grabbed the brush away and was now accosted by two girls demanding her to give it to them and not to the other.

"I guess if this was always the end of the story. That I would always be here.... I wouldn't mind going through all this pain over and over.... Because this is worth it." Johanna thought and, being sure of it, knew Athena would also agree.

All this pain and death was worth this peace and love.

And anyway.

If something were to ever happen she is not scared.

Because together they will always win.

They are victors after all.

Let the world come.

They will win.

Aaaaand this story, with the epilogues is now over.

I've wrote all my ideas out, it would be a really small chance but you night get a chapter once in a while IF I get a idea to share.

But other then that, this is over.

Thank you for reading it and have fun reading another of my books or something else.

Byeee! :) Chris signing out to write something else ;)