-71st-

"Soooo, how you feeling? First year as a mentor."

"Ah you spooky bitch!" Johanna smacked Athena in the face with a stray hand that went flying, the victor of 2 having an uncanny ability to appear out of nowhere.

"Damn." Athena chuckled, rubbing her nose, because of her previous injury there, each new hit too it caused the nerves to go uncomfortably numb for a while. "Oh come on, that was not needed."

"You came out of nowhere!"

"Yeah, she tends to do that." Finnick said. "Name's Finnick sweetheart." He tried to grab her hand and kiss it but he got slapped on purpose, Athena laughing at his face despite the sting of him using the petname even if he knew what it meant for him and her.

"You deserve that Fish-brains." She told him.

"She's a mini you." Finnick rubbed his jaw. 

"I am nothing like her!" Johanna thrust her finger towards Athena who slapped her hands downwards. "Hey!"

"Try to be descent in the Capitol."

"I don't need too, what will they do? Kill someone I love? Oh wait."

Athena sighed a bit, she didn't mean to cause this when she told Johanna should be happy everyone was dead, technically being the cause of unhinged Johanna, but there was nothing to fix anymore, the sheep costume was fully gone and only the wolf remained.

"Feisty, I get why you like her." This time it was Athena, flicking his forehead hard." Hey, is it hurt Finnick day today?"

"If you keep it up, yes."

"You are mean Kitten."

"And you are a child."

Johanna never expected the victors to be this close, any of them, so it was a bit surprising to see 2 and 4 so close, bickering, his hand around her waist casually.

That, that gesture, for some reason she really didn't like it, he was too close too the victor, why is she not pushing him away?

"Heyo?" Johanna blinked, Athena somehow still snapping her fingers despite the metal covering them. "You okay there little wolf?"

"Oh come on you call her little wolf and I get Fish-brains?"

"Keep it up and I won't even call you."

Finnick put his hand over his heart as it hurt him but she knew he was playing.

"No, don't leave me." He hugged her.

"Okay now, stop, disgusting." Johanna pushed them apart.

"Awe jealous?" Finnick told her. "Don't worry, Kitten is free to hug." Finnick pushed Athena hard.

"Shit!"

Crash.

"You dumb bitch." Athena said, pushing up. "You okay?" Worried she hurt the other girl who was totally red faces, frozen. "Oh shit." She lifted herself, hand over her cleavage, stupid Capitol look. "Sorry there."

Finnick was dying of laughter as Athena stood and pulled Johanna too her feet with great ease.

And then she turned around and scored a hole in one kick into his family jewels. 

Athena was glaring at Finnick who was rolled in a ball, slightly red too the face, because of the two undone buttons, if she leaned forwards for any reason they all had a clear view down her shirt.

"I am quite sorry for that." She looked over her should, just seeing Johanna from the corner of her eyes, just enough to know she was still standing there. "I didn't quite mean to give you a show."

Johanna shook her head, it wasn't really that that had distracted her.... Well partially yes, but it was just being accidentally trapped under the victor, Athena looking down at her with those damned eyes of hers.

"It's... Fine." She cleared out her throat.

"You can kick him if you want."

"Gladly."

"WAIT NO!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------

"Bleh!" Johanna coughed as Athena laughed.

Both sitting in the victor lounge and Athena just blew a cloud of smoke in her face because she seemed to be distracted again.

"What, was that peek really that much for you?"

Johanna fought back a snap before sighing, looking at the alcohol in the glass Athena ordered two off and pushed one in front of her.

"Mentoring is shit." She ended up saying, tentatively sticking her tongue in the liquid and making a disgusted face, Athena laughing.

"It's not that bad." She said, referring to both the drink and the job.

"For you... Because you are a 2, you grew up in the game culture, you idolize the games, it is an honor to be in it, you play to win and almost always do."

"I suppose you are correct." Athena said. "Many... Most of 2 sees it like that."

"You do too, not exactly like them but you like mentoring, that is something you shouldn't like, it is horrible, trying to prepare these other kids that I know will most likely die, never see their families again, with or without mine and sponsor help, brutally murdered with 2 probably winning this time too."

Athena said nothing as Johanna was quite correct.

"I suppose..." She started. "That in the games, everyone deals with this differently... I don't have a choice in liking it. I see it as helping them with their chances, the chance of maybe bringing them back to their parents and loved ones... And to get sponsors you need to be liked and for the mentor to help."

"I had nothing, not that I expected anything anyway."

"My fault." Athena sighed. "Snow was already angry with you, knowing you lied, a wolf in sheep skin... I needed to make sure you couldn't get sponsors and have my tributes try to kill you."

"You bitch." Johanna said, sounding more betrayed then mad but she was both.

"I needed to, when you finish yours, they don't end, each year you are dragged out as a mentor, not only one year, you are 7's only living female victor so all years you'll be back to play the game that we all need to play, I need to protect Cato so between your life and his I chose him." She threw back her drink and slammed it down on the counter.

Silence falling between them.

"Hadley." She looked at the man, standing up.

"Hey! Where are you going? We are not done here!"

"I have things to do, and we are done, I told you the truth, it is for you to figure out if you still want to talk to me after this." She put out her smoke on the counter and left following the man dressed in black.

Johanna watched her go before looking at her own drink.

Not knowing why knowing this hurt more then that cut she got in her arena.

She knew this was all a game and such but still, it hurt.

"Stupid." She grabbed the drink and did like Athena, downing it like a shot, coughing her lungs out right away it as it was so strong and burnt her throat.