-Training II-

No one was truly ready for this.

Sure the careers had their years of training but no one truly wanted to be here training for another life or death after so many years of their skills honing going down the drain. 

Athena got a slap on the arm.

"What? I am doing it like you showed me." She complained too Mags, the poor woman, rendered mute by a stroke on the train.

Mags shook her head and tied the fishing lure again.

Athena's attention was diverted a bit.

"Hey Mags, I'll bounce." She said, squeezing her shoulders a bit and walking away, grabbing the gauntlet claws off the rack as she watched 12 approach, pulling the belt on it tight.

She took a deep breath, putting on a mocking smile and walked up too them.

"Welcome too the training facility, I see that you are late?" She shrugged her shoulders, arms lifted into view, seeing the nerves of 12 with glee as the sight of the deadly weapons strapped on her hands.

"Heymitch held us back." Peeta said.

"Oh yeah that drunkard really likes to talk. Anyhow, wanna train with me? I don't bite." She bared her teeth in a sneer-like smile.

"But do you stab?" Katniss said.

"... I don't bite." She chuckled. "Come on, take my hand."

"No thanks, we'll be going." Peeta pulled her away from Athena who just smiled, the gamemakers would punish violent acts against other tributes unless under supervised sparing but no one would do anything against mental warfare, she'll have Katniss shaking by the time they enter the arena, so scared she won't even move from her podium.

She also picked up a sword from the rack, she can't only rely on her claws only, she is surrounded by victors, many other victors and her fellow careers.

She approached a dummy, casting Johanna a look, swing her swing her axe around and smile at Katniss when she slammed it down into the training mat, everyone liked scaring the newbies but Athena would love to kill them.

Johanna looked at her before she grinned, winking before tearing the axe and swinging in her back, Athena grinned and looked away.

She held the sword tightly in her left hand, not feeling it through the gauntlet, better get used to holding it like this before she enters the arena.

"Aah!" She swung hard from the upper right down to the middle left, the compact foam middle exploding out of the slash across the dummy's chest, the pressure of how much was stuffed in there making it gush out before she slashed at the same height as before but horizontally, slicing into the neck, the head lulling back and then hanging back there. 

She looked over and found Katniss' gaze before she smiled at her and patting her chest and pointed at her as if to say 'I'll be the one to kill you', Katniss shivered and looked away again... Athena really was the Reaper, feeling her loom without an exit, Katniss knew she'd fall too her hands before anyone else's.

------------------------------------------------

No tribute wanted to be here.

And so, despite the staffs complaints, they had all pushed their tables into a huge one and all ate as one group.

Each doing little things to try to stop the games, Brutus broke the elevator, Cashmere slammed the training rooms door on the staff and locked them out, Cecelia had cut the electricity, Peeta had painted the observation deck window black with the Morphling's help, Beetee tampered with the food, Athena had scratched up the ID scanners, Chaff broke at drink dispenser and much, much, more.

Everyone rebelled in their own little way and this eating together like friends instead of apart like enemies was another of those.

Katniss was not happy tho.

It felt like every victor was against them, trapping her next too the one she was terrified off.

"What? I didn't poison it." Athena taunted as she had 'nicely' elected to get her and Katniss' tray of food before setting them on the table and sitting next too her.

Katniss stared at the mashed potatoes with some brown sauce on them and at the chicken legs with suspicion.

"Come on Everdeen, poison is not my play, I prefer this." Athena poked at her throat with her still clawed hands, drawing a line up and down on it. "There a nice vein there, I cut it and you bleed out but I prefer ripping it out!" She closed her fist and yanked, Katniss grabbed at her throat in fear but Athena had just grabbed air.

"Leave the poor girl alone Kitten." Finnick laughed, nudging her foot under the table. "You should be nicer."

"Oh I am being nice." She smiled, aiming her gaze at Katniss' wide eyes. "I promised I'd wait for the games to kill her."

Athena was doing nothing too extreme but Katniss' nerves were working, imagining scenarios or how and when the victor from 2 would come and take her life.

And that scared her beyond hope.