-Truth-

When Heymitch announced that there was a rescue underway, Johanna almost fell out of her chair, stunned by the news that came out of the blue.

Sadly the rescue team had already left, Heymitch probably suspected that if he told anyone that the girls and Finnick would have volunteered to go in a heartbeat.

"This is Finnick Odair. Winner of the 65th Hunger Games and I'm coming to you from District 13, alive and well. We've survived an assault from the Capitol but I'm not here to give you recent news."

"Why is Finnick doing a propo?" Katniss asked, everyone looking up at the screen.

"It's a lot more than that. Beetee's system is complex but Wiress cracked the code and she commandeeres the system currently." Heymitch said.

"Now that they're down to generator power there's a more limited range of frequencies available too them and I'm filling them all up with Finnick. Not many will see it, but whoever does will think it's another propo. What they don't know is this broadcast is jamming their entire system with noise. Early defense warning, internal communications, everything as long as the broadcast goes through, our team should be able to get in and out undetected." Wiress explained in a voice that told of her just telling a rehearsed speech, as if she quoted her old mentor's words.

"The moment you leave, you're a slave... President Snow used to sell me or my body, at least. I wasn't the only one. If a Victor is considered desirable, the President gives them as a reward or allows people to buy them. If you refuse, he kills someone you love."

Johanna knew very well, she had lost her family to refusing such an offer.

"Those that are sold aren't called that, it would be too much for the Capitol, no, they put us on a podium, sweethearts."

Johanna needed to grab the railing to stay standing, legs almost buckling under her.... Wasn't Athena referred too as a Capitol sweetheart?

"You all know me well but know my fellow victor better, Athena Hadley of the 66th Hunger Games, she has long been the highest regarded sweetheart and Snow knew, selling her for any amount. She'd even protect me from it when she could, a finely crafted persona, taking the people interested in me away with her, giving herself in my place."

Johanna wasn't sure if it would be her knuckles or the metal railing that would break first and she almost bet on the railing... Oh my.... All for Cato.... It all makes sense... Those wounds, those scars, those words... Oh fuck...

"See, she and I know all the depravity, the deceit and the cruelty of the Capitol's pampered elite but the biggest secrets are about good President, Coriolanus Snow."

She could barely hear Finnick, rewatching all her memories like a film almost, how could she have never known? How Athena refused to give up control when she could have it because she didn't otherwise. How she protected the others while sacrificing herself. How she was drowning under the waves while she held them all above the water and still refused a breath, fearing it is wasted on her... All of that with a heart broken smile and a fake her on the surface... She tried to protect them from the truth, protect all from it, suffering alone with the knowledge of what she lived through.

"Such a young man when he rose too power. Such a clever one to keep it. How, you may ask, did he do it? One word. Poison."

And now she was in the hands of the Capitol, just what did they do too her? Johanna wanted nothing more then to do anything instead of blindly listening on.

"He stopped every mutiny before it even started. There are so many mysterious deaths too adversaries. Even too allies who were threats. Snow would drink from the same cup, to deflect suspicion but antidotes don't always work, which is why he wears roses that reek of perfume. Help cover the scent of blood from sores in his mouth that will never heal but he can't hide the scent of who he really is. He kills without mercy. He rules with deception and fear. His weapon of choice is the only thing suited to such a man. Poison. The perfect weapon for a snake."

"The signal is jamming."

But Johanna was too lost in her mind to truly acknowledge that she saw Snow, heard Katniss cry about them all dying and also losing connection into the Capitol, she was just unable.

Oddly enough.

This reminded her of the broken window in her tribute days.

How Athena had swung through it and it still seemed to be so strong but barely had she touched it and it crumbled.

She feared that that window was Athena.

And broken glass can never be fixed without marks left behind on it.

Many little pieces lost.

Many others not fitting.

An impossible puzzle.

She just hoped that Athena would be alright.... Whatever 'alright' could be right now.

"I am so sorry." She whispered too herself.

If only this nightmare could end instead of it seemingly just begin.