-Not Tonight-

(fun fact: Athena would have been so proud if Johanna told her that she got Gale smacked with the elevator door.)

Well.... This is really awkward.... For everyone involved.

Almost no one wanted to let Athena out of that room still even if they would never admit it to her face.

Because she was unpredictable, because she was still trouble, still a danger, still having problems.

But when throwing the literal bed she was sleeping on at the door and trying to beat out the one way mirror with her damaged fists turned out to be a thing when Heymitch angrily dragged Johanna out.... It was decided to maybe not do that.

And so all of 13 lived on the slight edge as where Johanna Mason went, close behind, followed Athena Hadley, never letting her out of her sight anymore.

Johanna didn't mind, she was maybe even a bit ecstatic to have Athena back, sure she was iffy with sleeping with what was basically a corpse in the room but if the mutt wasn't there Athena wouldn't come so she sucked it up and dealt with it.

"Come on, keep up." Johanna said, looking over her shoulder.

She almost frowned but kept it at bay.

Athena wasn't fond of the cold before and yet now: Boots, a 3/5 short and a loose T-shirt and all in different types of gray, it was like she wanted to feel cold as 13 was not a warm district plus winter was just about near the end.

Athena didn't understand where her little wolf was bringing her but she followed.

She soon was in a room with several people that gathered there to chat, people she recognized and, a bit hastily, kinda shoved Johanna to hug Annie.

"I'm fine I'm fine." The woman said with a teary smile. "It is so good to see you." Athena smiled, quickly stepping back to help Johanna up with an apologetic look, quickly being forgiven.

"Now that was a shove if I can say so Kitten." Finnick  said with a grin and pat her shoulder, glad to finally have her out of that damned room they kept her trapped in, pulling her in a bit. "I told them, everyone knows."

Athena knew right away, glancing at Johanna and then Finnick before pulling her lips tight and nodding, she'd have preferred to die with Johanna never knowing what was done to sweethearts but what's done is done.

"Sorry dude." He said as he stepped back, letting Mags come forth next, Athena leaning down and the woman hugging the younger victor with such strength that Athena was shocked.

It was a silent but hopeful smile the old woman gave her, she forced one to give one back, at least she wasn't alone, stuck without her voice.

Wiress had just given her a nod with a smile and she gave a nod back, not really having much to tell each other but happy the other survived.

"You don't know me that well but thank you, you saved me." The man, Cinna, remained seated in the circular couches unlike the rest that stood up. She gave a shaky thumbs up.

She next looked too.... Them.

"Thank you for protecting Peeta." Katniss said in the voice of a broken kettle, she didn't blame her, Peeta did almost kill her if it wasn't for Athena herself, Heymitch also only giving her a nod in greeting, them two being the only two no one warned that Athena would join them in here for the evening.

It was tense, Athena gripping her forearm hard, not above wanting to gut the woman but the highjacking was a last ditched effort on her, making her inject herself, but it was started too late to have anything too Peeta's level of delusion by the time they were saved.

That didn't stop the want to sink her claw into her throat and make her blood rain around the room tho, while Peeta wanted to kill her out of fear, for Athena it was out of hate and hate is easier to control then fear since she always hated Katniss.

She gave her a curt nod, she'd protect, that's what she is good that, that's why she kills, that's why she breaks herself, to protect, she'll protect.

The tense moment was cut off by the part of the group she never met, a woman stepping forth.

"Hello I am Cressida, this is Castor and Pollux, we've heard so much about you." She offered a hand to shake but was awkwardly reminded by Athena lifting her fucked up, tremor filled, hand that that was not the best idea, dropping it.

Pollux did a little motion with his hand as he smiled.

"We made the footage that you saw on the screen, with Katniss." Castor said with a smile. "My brother here wants to help you, we think it would be of use to you."

Athena rose a brow, waving at them to go on, Pollux doing a few more weird hand gestures.

"Pollux can't talk." Castor went on. "And as a victor you deserve to have your voice heard. He is an Avox, just like you and these are hand signs, it will be harder with your condition but if you learn this with those you are close too, you'll be able to talk again."

Athena's jaw fell open as the man nodded.

"I just brought you along since I wanted you to see your friends again." Johanna said. "But these guys heard about it so they tagged along, I thought it was a great idea even if it means you can once again bother me."

Athena smiled at her, a true smile, which was quite rare now, hugging her, getting a laugh back.

But well, there is a war to lead, so soon, this little happy group will need to face reality... But not tonight.... Not tonight...

Finnick and Heymitch conversing.

Johanna getting the basics from Castor and Pollux.

Katniss almost pissing herself with Athena sitting next too her as the victor didn't even pay her attention as she listened to Annie talk about Finnick.

Not tonight, tonight it was almost normal.