-Epilogue VII-

(Another chapter that doesn't really fit the song lmao.)

District 2.

Masonry and stone work but not only that. 

Peacekeepers.

Blood.

And death.

"This is unsettling." Johanna muttered while Athena thought of this as normal but sad.

"I-T      W-I-L-L      T-A-K-E      A      W-H-I-L-E      F-O-R       T-H-I-S       M-E-N-T-A-L-I-T-Y      T-O       L-E-A-V-E       I-F       I-T      E-V-E-R       DOES" She signed it out too the younger woman sitting next too her on the back patio.

Both watching Jay teaching his sister, Tina, and the other girl, Rose, how to hold a knife correctly and how to stab.

"2 is dangerous." Johanna agreed as the boy stabbed the bag he had Athena fill with sand and draw a face on with her marker, it was harder to convince them to stay then convincing the other adults of letting them stay.

"A-L-W-A-Y-S     W-I-L-L     B-E"

"True, I can only hope that the people that come after us will never make the same mistakes that led to this, that children will hear hunger games and they will only know of stories from their parents and school but never experience the fear."

"I-T     H-A-S     A-L-R-E-A-D-Y      S-T-A-R-T-E-D" For one Paylor would never let this repeat and second, the girls had asked her about the film they watched and she felt the need to not lie and tell them the truth, it was the 68th game they watched, in which Ares won, she felt that she should know the truth so yeah.

"True, they know of the games but they don't live in fear of them.... I still get cold dread when I think about how close the date of the reaping is." Athena nodded along to her words.

"You call that stabbing?!" Ares yelled over the now built fence between their houses and he still hopped it. 

Athena showed him a nice warning look and he waved her off..... As much as it still hurts to think of it as such, he was like an annoying brother now, despite all that went down, despite everything, victors will forever be closer to each other then to normal citizens through shared agony of being one.

"Ah yeah? Well show me!" Jay taunted, holding the little knife over.

"Are you planning on adopting Annie, Peeta and the others too?" Johanna mockingly nudged Athena. "We don't have enough rooms for that." Athena shot an amused look back, sure it looked like she was taking in every stray human to protect them but lets not go overboard.

Tho she was surprise Ares was already back, despite him being a hard head, him and her would always notify each other of where the other was because of the recent attacks on the victors by the loyalists that still exist. Because of the consequential permanent injuries and scars both lived with it was safer this way too. 

She thought he was still at the cemetery before he revealed himself at home by mocking Jay's skills. Paylor had erected statues with the name of each passed victors on it in the cemeteries around the districts for their victors and a huge one in the Capitol with every district. He had gone there to visit all that died from 2, she had done so a few times too.

"F-U-C-K      O-F-F"

She dropped her hand from signing when a furry friend rubbed against her side and she pulled Cinnamon in her lap, rubbing the back of the cat tho it didn't mind her gauntlets.... The only one that did was Johanna when Athena would poke her with the tapered ends of the fingers to annoy her.

"Oh I see how it is, you side with her." Johanna told the cat who looked at her and yawned before putting its head down. "Ah! The disrespect!"

Athena laughed softly, covering her mouth a bit.

Yeah... This is what she suffered for.

A life that is worth living.

(And now I need to write a chapter with action >:). Just wondering, someone did pm once that they'd like me the write something steamy that I promised in really early chapters, before the revolution and the 75th, is anyone else even interested, just asking for research as writing something like that requires me having an audience looking for it.... Or just wanting to write it but whatever, I need confirmation this time if I turn my motivation to it lol..... But yeah, next chapter, action and blood baby! I will break the suspense, it will not be sad, there has been enough of that and now I am treating you, happy ending after all, time to heal!!!!)