-''I take it that you ran into her.''-

"Come on Katniss, it is almost over." Peeta reassured her, squeezing her hand in his and offering her a smile.

They were both stuck in a party they didn't want to be at, in clothes they didn't want to wear and playing the lovers act still.

Snow just needed to give them the crown of the victor and they could go home, home... All she wanted was to go home and see her sister, Prim, the person she volunteered for and fought for.

"Come on children, big smiles." Effie still tried to say but all Katniss could offer to play along was a small smile tho it could be played off as bashful... Tho who'd believe it? Not herself that is for sure.

"Sweetheart! You've made it." Heymitch mocked her. "You look lovely in that dress."

"And you don't look drunk." She shot back. "How long will this be?"

"Well you just met Plutarch, there is far more people you should meet, you need to save face love birds, this is your life now, you need to placate the waves you started with your double suicide pact."

"Anyone who I shouldn't meet?" She asked, knowing the question was useless anyway but having a little fondness for Heymitch that was born in the arena with what he did for her and how he helped her come back out.... She'll never admit it.

"Actually, yes." He surprised her with those words. "If you ever spot a woman in dark clothes, a suit, never approach, that's for your own good, both of you but mostly you Katniss."

"Why?" Peeta asked, Effie having Waltzed off to mingle into the crowd of colors.

"Just... Don't." Heymitch drank his glass of wine as if it was a shot of liquor. "Well sweetheart, I'll be going, try to not kill anyone."

Damn that word... Kill... It made her feel sick too the stomach, still seeing the glassy looks, the blood splatter, the screams.... Fuck, the screams...

Katniss didn't want to be here but she could do this for Heymitch this once, he saved her, so she'll behave and be nice this once.

"Try this." Peeta handed her a glass but she denied it.

"I need to go to the bathroom, I'll find you soon." She hesitated but kissed his cheek, keeping up the lie they created.

"Alright, I'll wait here." He smiled, cheeks a dusty pink, he can't be thinking this is real can he? She'll need to tell him later that this is all a lie.

And she didn't go too the bathroom, she just needed away from a moment.

But as Katniss' luck goes, she had none of it.

Stepping out on a little balcony for fresh air, part of the party was outside sure, but all smelt too sweet, too fake, too plastic there, at least here it was the 'realer' air... She can't wait to get home where the air is filled with coal dust and dirt, this game behind her.

"A greeting would be appreciated." A judgmental voice said too her left.

Katniss had not seen she had barged into an area already occupying someone.

The woman looked like she was completely out of her element, she didn't fit into the lavish and extravagant decor of this party, leaning on the railing with her arms crossed.

Her black hair was a combed back mess with long strands hanging down back her face, her green eyes sporting heavy eyebags and the cigarette in her mouth not helping the aesthetic of her being out of place.