-Confused-

(I feel like this is Athena's mental state in the best of cases.)

(Yeah... I know.)

Isn't cuddling supposed to be painless?

Well, she didn't care anyway.

Despite all the protests, who'd truly stand up too the victors when all of them stood as a united front? They each owned Athena, from the smallest of things too their life, keeping 13's hands too themselves and away from her was the least they could do.

Tho Johanna now had guards standing in front of their shared room but she tried to ignore knowing them there.

Athena had gone silent, even more then the forced silence she was thrown into by the Capitol.

Johanna laid on her back and couldn't move from it as Athena was curled up against her, her legs tucked under her own, her head on her chest and hugging her in a grip made painful by the metal of the gauntlet and pointed fingertip digging into her for a grip.

She was quite literally trapped in the grip of a predator and would be sent for a mental evaluation if she were to say this but in the whole of Panem this was the safety place to be.

Passing her hand through Athena's hair, she had long stopped crying but the painful pressing her the hands didn't let up, the older victor terrified to let go.

"You know, I always loved how you look covered in blood." She tried to say something, sadly enough most victors despite hating to kill again, were somewhat desensitized to it. And sure it was scary but Johanna was not lying, the hue of the human life force brought out the deadly glint in those eyes and that smile, as shameful as it was, she found her really nice to look at.

Athena shifted her head to look at her, and yet those green eyes had long lost their shine, so dull and dead, it was like looking in the eyes of a doll, just like the eyes of the outside of control mutt that served as a creepy statue in the corner of the room, having gotten used to it and she didn't want to get used to Athena looking like that too.

"Why did you never tell me what happened?"

Athena dropped her head again, looking at the wall, knowing what she was talking about and not really wanting to acknowledge it.

Johanna sighed.

"Why do you let no one help you? Why do you insist on doing everything yourself? Why do you always--" She didn't know what to say, there was so many questions that would never be answered, not because she couldn't speak but because Athena would never tell her.

She just hugged her back, those not really important for the moment.

-------------------------------------------------

Athena drummed her knuckle on a door frame she was leaning onto.

"Ah hello, happy to see you are up." Cinna said.

She just pointed at his leg.

"Oh it is fine, metal bones as I assume you felt under the claws, it is fine."

She threw up her arms into a 'why tho' pose and facial expression.

"I told you, you are all kids, it should be our job to protect you, not the other way around."

She flexed her hands, crossing her arms, she is the one with claws, she is the one that can fight, she is one of the last remaining victors alive and the last career, she needs to fight.

She protects those behind her, she doesn't need someone to step out and take the blow for her.

"Is that all you came here for?" He waved around the room since it was a waiting room for the doctors visit, she gave a shrug, having no true answers, she only stopped because she saw him.

Despite what happened and the fearful glares and whispers of 13, Coin actually completely overlooked her little murder spree, finding it hauntingly useful in this war so no attempt was made to muzzle and bind her, that woman even asked her if it could be unleashed just like that or did it require someone she cared about being hurt.

She felt quite sick, and even felt sicker as her habit of trying to bite her tongue in stress stabbed into her with the realization that she still didn't have one.

She much prefers being used for her ability in killing then having her body be used for others pleasure so she couldn't even complain.

She stood for a while before leaving with a wave, walking away.

The fearful whispers of 13 didn't bother her as much as the comments on her body had in the past, she almost liked this status quo... Oh the snarky comments she'd have for others but unless she can get these finger signs down she is a mute.

She wasn't bothered by the terrified woman serving her the sloppy mess of a porridge that was put on her platter, it almost strangled her with the control she had.

She almost felt too good in this atmosphere, the more people fear her the less likely are they to hurt her in any way.

She sat at the victors table, only a few faces there, surprised to see one in peculiar, waving.

"Hey Athy." Peeta said, the unfamiliar hateful look to his face melting away and beaming like a young child would at a sibling.

Once again she was really irked by the lack of tongue she could chew into oblivion at his words but smiled a bit.

She reached over and flicked him on the head, tho recognizing the unease seeping out around Finnick, Katniss and Annie, sure she could understand Katniss' but Finnick and Annie?

"Hello Kitten." Finnick said and she waved.

She pointed at him and Peeta when the boy went back to looking absolutely disgusted by Katniss and turn away from her as he ate his food.

"I just told him that I planned on having a ceremony to marry Annie soon."

She smiled at him and pat his back, giving two thumbs up.

"Well yeah it would be good if he hadn't just said that I should hurry of he'll take her for himself."

Peeta always loved Katniss.

Athena had seen how Katniss faked her way through it but also how much Peeta truly loved her and now that Peeta had changed, Katniss truly looked lost.

This boy was not Peeta or not the one she got to know.

Athena didn't want to interpose but she'll need to interfere with this.

Those two are meant for each other.

Despite it all.... This all left Athena confused.

So confused.