-Broke-

Monsters.

All of them.

Monsters from the depths of the earth.

Athena stood in abject horror in the hallway outside of her room.

She couldn't even comprehend when she saw in front of her.

She had done that, too herself, for this?

"You really are stupid." She heard the laugh but couldn't react, staring at the recording box of Peeta's screams, sounding so fake now that she saw it.

The blood dripping from the wounds on her hand didn't bother her, hell, not even the fact of the agony of such breaks and how her making a fist with that hand too made the bones shift oddly.

There was no choice to make.

This was all for nothing.

She did this for nothing.

Sinking down too her knees in front of the machine.

The now silent laughing seemed to wrap around her, seep into her bones, weave through it all, all her being.

She leaned over the machine, bracing her fine hand on the ground.

And she smiled.

She reeled back her hurt hand with a chuckle.

Before smashing it down and into the machine, breaking the glass covering into a sparkling shower of the stuff.

"What are you doing?!" A pissed voice yelled, trying to yank her back as she laughed, driving her fist back into the machine, denting towards the middle once again, keys going flying.

She swung her elbow back, catching the young guards nose, voice breaking around the laughter as she threw him down with her weight and drove her fist into his face.

He swung up but she grabbed it with both hands even if any and all movements worsened the situation too one of them, the pain didn't matter any more, all she needed to do is kill.

Her choice needed to have a reason to be made.

She needed a reason!

She'll make a reason!!

She put her hand on the back of his elbow and while pushing in one direction, she jerked it in the other, popping the elbow backwards.

"If a choice is not to save!" She grabbed her broken fist in her other and lifted them over her head with a sick smile. "Then it is to kill!!"

Slamming down both fists into his face.

Letting go of her hand, uncaring that what she was doing was currently already making it hard to move with the misplaced pieces, she once again punched him with that one.

The tears didn't matter, her laughter rang louder then her tears could scream as they cascaded down her face in heavy streams.

One last hit before she was yanked off.

But she barely fought it, laughing her head off, breath hitching on a sniffle that would cut through as she was dragged away.

"I'll kill you!!" She leaned forwards, trying to push towards him. "I'll kill you all!! And even the Capitol will be happy!!"

-------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

She looked with numb feelings at her hand.

Bloody stitches and black bruises ran across her skin because how dare someone representing the Capitol not look the par?

She watched the uncontrolled shake in it, having caused more nerve damage then her training with claws had already done, losing all feelings in her pinkie and ring fingers, actually having punched either the guard or the machine hard enough to keep on breaking her hand.

She chuckled too herself, this was a worthy choice.

It felt nice to beat in their face.

And she decided to do that, it was in her control, it was her doing, her actions, her choice.

She heard the door shift open, looking away from her hand that looked like a chew toy that went through the shredder.

"Back off mutt." The old guard told her. "You have gone too far this time." He looked piss. "STOP SMILING!!" She was sitting on the ground but the slap that came sent her falling over, hissing only as the pain in her hand was not quite on the forefront as she fell on it.

She looked up at him, grinning, a trickle of blood running down from her mouth too her chin.

"Hahaha~." She laughed a little. "Look who's angry now~."

"I don't understand how president Snow can be so indulgent with you."

"What are you on about?" She rolled her eyes, hugging her knees, the eternal cold of her room, oh how she missed it when it bothered her, she almost welcomed it as it meant being out of spot light for promos.

He just held up a transparent hologram creator and clicked it before throwing it down, a pre recorded video of Snow behind nicely seated behind of a desk came up.

It read 'Live recording redifusion' in the upper left of the screen.

"Dear Panem, tonight I am joyful to announce the capture of two of the victors that have betrayed us."

Athena got on her knees, face getting all up in recorded Snow's as two portraits came up next too him.

"Tonight we have caught up with Finnick Odair and Johanna Mason on a mission too 6, their mission was unclear tho but that's not what I call you here for."

Two figures with bags over their heads were brought in as the camera unzoomed, the figures pushed to kneel down by peacekeepers.

"No...." She tried to grab at the recording. "No.... No, no no no nononononono!! NO!!" she swiped at it.

"Tonight we assist with joy too the execution of those we loved but who betrayed and hurt us."

"AAAH!!!" Athena screamed as the guns were put against the covered heads and the trigger pull created two loud bangs as the bodies fell over.

"You see? The president loves you so much he wanted to show this too you."

Athena felt like she was suffocating, trapped in a room without air, eyes wide as she stared at the ground.

"How nice of him right?" He tilted her head up, marveling in the loss of reason and hope in her eyes with a smile before pushing his hand on her face and shoving her.

She fell too her side but felt too numb to move.

There was a scoff before feet shuffled out and the door closed.

Minutes? Hours? She didn't know but time passed despite the never dimming light of the room, the buzzing of it like chalk on a board.

And she screamed.

Screamed until her voice broke.

Until she broke.