-Spark-

(Remember the 'there are only three of you.... You'll need more then that' line from Athena, that is basically the last thing the Capitol public heard from her directed at anyone that would listen as the rest was specifically aimed at the careers after that.... She made a threat she'll stay true too.) 

Nice.

It was nice actually.

To sit with someone just as much missing a part of themselves as she did.

Athena always liked Mags, the victor having been the first to talk too her outside of Finnick and now both of them we stuck here, voiceless, sure Mags could try relearn to speak since it was from a stroke but it didn't seem like she would.

What she didn't like was the haughtiness of 13, despite it all, looking down on the victors.

Whispers of how they should have done something more, of how they are just as bad as the Capitol for playing along, of how they should fight instead of them.

Athena's temper had a hard time smoothing it over and much less when she saw a careless guard burst past the frail old woman and knocked her down.

It was almost like hate gripped her, wishing to finally lash out, it has been a while since she killed anyone.

In a few strides she was on him, kicking his right leg out from underneath him but for now, just letting him crash down, giving him one chance.

13 is really getting on her nerves.

"What the fuck was that?!" He got up as Athena helped Mags off the ground, looking her over while the old lady just pat her shoulders and sat down on the nearest bench.

She gave him a glare and looked at Mags, 'look at what you've done.'

"You asshole, you should be grateful that we saved you!!" He got in her face, spittle flying as his nostrils flared. 

She stepped forwards, butting her chest in his, making him take a step back to not fall, head tilted, lifting an armed hand, index finger held up in a wave of it, a warning.

"Or what?! What will you do?!"

She closed her fist, dropping it with a titled head, lifting a brow, he might be of 13 but Athena is a career, no one is stronger then a career.

She gave him another warning wave to back off as she stepped back too Mags, the lady holding her arm, probably bruising it as Athena watched only to get shoved but shifting her leg so she just fell on one knee but didn't move, glaring up with furry.

"What? What will you do?" The haughty security guard taunted her again.

Mags grabbed her shoulder, shaking her head, Athena took a deep breath and looked away, the tremors of anger making their ways through her arms as she helped the old lady and stands to walk her away.

She didn't make it far before the voice taunted again.

"That's right! Good choice! Run away like you all do!"

A choice?

Athena stopped walking, ignoring Mags pulling on her sleeve to have her look at her, she just helped her sit down.

A choice of backing down?

She looked over her shoulder, her heart shrouded in a devilish fury that roared out.

"What now? You wanna fight? Then come on fight!" He most likely never saw the games or he'd had steered clear of her wrath. She really hates 13.

Athena never backs down.

She can't back down, so many people depend on her to hold the front that if she even took a step back, those people would be in grave danger.

"Make your choice dammit and stop just standing there!"

Oh she didn't need to be told twice.

Oh she'll choose like she always needed and like always, she chooses the only choice she can have.

Kill or be killed.

And Athena is not dying.

---------------------------------------------------

"Y'all!!" A random 13 worker burst into the lounge room given too the victors and their friends, getting looks of anger and confusion from different people for the interruption. The man that slammed the door open was at a lost for breath and struggled to make a correct sentence before opening for. "Bloody claws." He coughed out, grabbing without asking the water bottle on a table near him and breathing.

"Oh fuck." That could mean nothing good and despite all moving to react, it was actually Finnick that was faster this time, running out like a headless chicken.

Athena and Mags had been left together.

If Athena lashed out in her current state, nothing good would come of it.