-Votes-

A kitten's purring filled her one working ear, making Athena's mood even more sour then before.

"Come on, they are waiting for us." Johanna said as she pulled Athena with her, Cinnamon sitting in Athena's hood and sounding really content in being there.

She sighed, feeling really shot with knowing even Snow didn't want her to be made an avox.... That hurt.

"H-E-Y" She signed. 

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Y-O-U     K-N-O-W     W-H-A-T    W-E     P-R-O-M-I-S-E-D"

"Yeah?"

"W-E-L-L     I      L-O-V-E     Y-O-U     T-O-O     L-I-T-T-L-E      W-O-L-F"

Johanna's face seemed to light up which made Athena feel slightly better about her situation, she still has her little wolf here.

"Took you a while to say it." She smiled, holding the cold metal hand, knowing better then to complain about the gauntlets.

---------------------------------------------------

"What's this?" Katniss asked as she entered into a room with a large circular table where every victor sat around.

"The remaining Victors." Coin said happily but it was in reality something sad. " Won't you join us?"

Katniss looked in awe as so few of them being left, from 12 there was her, Peeta and Heymitch, then Johanna from 7, Annie and Mags from 4, Wiress from 3 and then Athena with surprisingly Ares from 2.... There were only nine victors left alive.

Katniss sat down, sitting in front of Athena, gulping down the guilt she had been feeling since the moment she knew Prim to be alive while Cato was not.

"I have invited you all here for several reasons but first, I have an announcement. I have taken the burden and the honor of declaring myself interim president of Panem."

"Exactly how long is that interim?" Heymitch said as Coin smiled, not hearing or choosing not the hear his displeasure.... Athena nearly preferred Snow as president instead of Coin, feeling Coin would just pull the same shit but with less control over herself.

"We have no way of knowing for certain but it's clear that people are far too emotional right now to make a rational decision. We'll plan an election when the time is right but I have called you here for a far more important vote."

Athena really didn't like the control hungriness that Coin was showing.

"A symbolic vote. This afternoon, we will execute Snow, hundreds of his accomplices also await their deaths. Capitol officials, peacekeepers, torturers, gamemakers but the danger is, once we begin, the rebels will not stop calling for retribution. Thirst for blood is a difficult urge to satisfy so I offer an alternative plan. Majority may approve it. No one may abstain. The proposal is this, in lieu of these barbaric executions we hold a symbolic hunger games."

The silence was so heavy, suffocating, so bad.... That was until Johanna's shocked laugh.

"You wanna have an other hunger games with the Capitol's children?" She asked, trying to gauge what Coin was trying to do.

"You're joking?" Peeta said. "Tell me you are joking." He pleaded, grabbing the table so hard that his knuckles were turning white.

"Not in the slightest." Coin said with her crooked smile.

"Is this Plutarch's idea?" Heymitch asked, sounding off with masked anger.

"It was mine." Coin said again. "It balances the need for revenge with the least loss of human life.... You may cast your votes."

No - 0 - 0 - Yes

"No. No, obviously not. This is crazy." Peeta said.

1 - 0

"I think it's more than fair." Johanna said, Athena didn't blame her but she was a bit displeased by this. "Snow's got a granddaughter, I say yes."

1 - 1

"So do I of course. Let them have a taste of it for what they did." Ares grinning and sparks of 2's usual bloodthirst coming from the one eye that didn't have an eye patch on it.

1 - 2

"You guys, this way of thinking is what started these uprisings." Peeta tried to convince the two that already voted for yes but they either didn't look at him or glared his way.

"I vote no with Peeta." Annie said, holding Mags' hand tightly..

Mags shook her head, also voting no.

3 - 2

"No. We need to stop viewing each other as enemies." Wiress added.

4 - 2

"It's down to Katniss, Athena and Haymitch to decide." Coin said, unhappy since if just one of them votes no, then it is over.

"I get to kill snow." Katniss said.

"I expected no less of you."

"Then I vote yes. For all those that he killed."

4 -3 

Athena rose her brow, not thinking Katniss would do this.

"Haymitch?" Coin asked.

He looked at Katniss who looked at him before he looked at Coin.

"I'm with the mockingjay." He sighed out.

4 - 4

"Athena?" Coin said her name.

Athena wanted to say no, no one deserves to go through this, not even Capitol children.

She looked at everyone around the table, her vote was the one that mattered.

Her gaze stopped on Katniss, it was almost like the girl was pleading with her to vote yes.

Once again Athena found it weird Katniss wanted another hunger games.... But then again, no one knows what this girl is thinking.

She stared at her, searching her soul with her eyes, wondering why Katniss wanted this so much that she stared unblinking.

She sighed, closing her eyes.

And she nodded.

4 - 5

"That carries the vote. Excellent. We'll announce the games tonight after the execution." Coin said with glee.

Athena offered a soft glare to Katniss that sighed in slight relief, hiding a smile.

She hopes that believing in Katniss is worth it because otherwise, she'll just hate herself even more.

She really hopes that Katniss has a plan that was worth her voting against what she wanted to vote.

Don't disappoint now Katniss.

All of Panem is watching.