-''I am happy for you''-

"I know I can cross the boarder but this was stupid."

"Well yeah!" Johanna snapped since Athena had dumped a complete bottle of disinfectant on her leg before having given her a roll of gauze to wrap it up since despite the amount of blood in the scarf and on her clothes, it wasn't actually stitch requiring and she couldn't stitch even if it would have been needed.

"Why'd you even do this? You should have stayed in 7." Athena really didn't want to see anyone but she couldn't just throw Johanna back out after the mess of a way she got here, she'd have no way back to 7 without her help.

"Yes but." She hissed as she tied the gauze tight before putting on the slightly too big pants that were given to her since her pants stuffed in her boots were also sliced, Athena currently looking through old shoes she might have in her size. "But I didn't feel like it."

"Then you are stupid little wolf." She picked up the only pair of shoes she found in her size. "Here." She threw them in front of her.

"It is your fault, you didn't answer my calls." She looked at the shoes, not boots, shoes, Athena always seemingly wore boots, even in this hood and pants outfit outside of the Capitol. She looked the shoes over, they were boyish she thought but didn't say it, she was probably been given a pair of Cato's old shoes... That boy had gotten big from the last time she saw him.

Damn.... She met him when he was so small, so young, and now he was gone, how quick it seemed too her, she can't imagine how it felt for Athena.

Sure she lost her sister and family too but not to the game, with him suffering for oh so long before that mercy arrow.

"I don't want to talk with people right now."

"Well sucks for you because I am not accepting your silence." She shrugged and put the shoes on, tying the laces. "Will you show me around 2?"

"Why?" Athena's answered were so cold and distant even if she talked too her. "What would you gain from it? And your leg is hurt."

"I walked all the way here, I can walk on it, I just limp, and I showed you 7 when you snuck over so you gotta show me 2." Plus she wanted to get Athena out of the home, seeing the ashes from the cigarettes built up on the light bulbs and ceiling worried her, since when had she not gone out or at least opened the window? It smelt like a district 12 mine in here and looked just as potent.

"Fine." Athena hissed out a breath, offering her hand when Johanna tried to stand.

She grabbed it, Athena was not mean, just angry, she was angry at everything: Snow, herself, 2, the world.... But she couldn't harbor it in her heart to turn it on Johanna.

"Such annoying sunshine."

"What?"

"Nothing." She offered her her elbow so she could hold on and make it easier to walk. "And put on a hood, here too, you should hide your identity like I did."

----------------------------------------------

The sun hurt Athena's eyes, how long was it since she last stepped outside? Not that she cared but this was annoying.

Winter was slippery in 2, more ice then snow or anything since it was the first months anyway.

She showed Johanna around: To the mines, the academy, the schools, the orphanage, the market, walking by them with a few anecdotes or stopping to let her take them in.

"I can see why more victors come from 2." Johanna said, still looking over her shoulder to peek at what she could still see from the academy.

"Well yeah, we are careers, if we don't get chosen for the games, most of us become peacekeepers." She said which a shrug. "The mines are still a deadly place and our day to day life too."

"I thought 2 would have been richer." It still looked like a pour district despite it all, much visible as they were walking through the market which's state reminded her of the one in her home.

"The Capitol wants us all to suffer under them despite our ancestors helping against the rebellion." Athena sounded annoyed by that.

"Yeah I suppose."

"Hey!" Athena barked when someone bumped into Johanna and because of her leg, Athena needed to catch her or she'd have fallen, she was never so quick to be combative but losing her brother does that.

"What you want bitch?!" The other woman yelled at her, matching her energy, getting into her face, already reaching towards her belt for something.

But she never reached it.

Athena popped her claws out and swiped upwards, catching the woman across her throat diagonally and across her mouth as the claws skipped off the jaw bone.

Her head jerked left as she fell over, not having much off a moment without pain as she grabbed at her throat, choking on her blood as Athena just sneered at her, dragging Johanna away, leaving the dying there.

"Are yo--" "I'm fine." Athena snapped, shutting down Johanna's question as she watched the woman over her shoulder and how only two people moved to help but the rest went on with their lives.

After a while she planted her legs firmly in the freezing dirt, pain shooting through the injured one but stopping the power march.

"Johanna." Athena warned, just wanting to go home, pulling on her arm but the other didn't move, if they weren't in a street between houses she'd have carried her off but well, she didn't.

"This is just hurting yourself Athena, you can't keep holding on."

"I wish I had killed Everdeen that day." She told her, for the first time saying that out loud. "She deserves to fucking die, she killed Cato, she killed my Munchkin."

"I know but I'll say this... I am happy for you."

Athena swung her arm away from Johanna, as if holding her burnt and singed her palm, watching with wide eyes.

"What?!" She yelled in her face but the other just gave her a little headbutt to make her back down.

"You told me to same thing when I lost everything, my little sister too...." Johanna rubbed her forehead. "That you were happy for me.... You also said that I had no one they could hurt to make me suffer, that Snow couldn't use them to by my cooperation and that they could no longer be hurt because of me... Yes, I know it is painful, Ivy is dead, Cato is dead, both are dead and their older sisters live on knowing they are dead."

"This is not the same!"

"How is it not? We both lost our younger sibling. Everdeen killed yours to get back too hers, these games create just more pain but now you are in the same boat as I was in and am in, everyone you ever knew as family, dead, all of them and I am so happy for you as they will never feel hunger, thirst, tiredness, pain, sadness, loss, ever again... So yes, I am happy, I am joyous, that they have finally found peace."

Johanna had not yelled but it felt like she had, like thunder had aimed right at her heart and knocked it out of her body.

"So yeah, it hurts, but holding the hurt in the way you are doing keeps on hurting that much and you are hurting others too."

Athena was angry, angry with everything, but damn could she not be with Johanna, dragging her into a hug.

"Shut up." Was all she said, shedding a single tear, to tired for others.