-Monkey-

"Peeta?"

Katniss' voice pierced the silence.

She was standing near Finnick who carried Mags on his back, the group getting ready to move on in case the fog wall would break soon and spill it on them.

Peeta was gathering his blade when he looked back, seeing Katniss and Finnick stare passed him.

"What?" He asked, as worried as them now since even three three older victors looked on edge.

"Come too us, slowly." She told him but he whipped his head around at the sound of a cracking branch, seeing a huge monkey in front of him, it puffed out its chest and roared out in anger as the whole group of them lashed out in hate.

Athena leaned down to pick up and rock and in a spin threw it at the monkey as Peeta stumbled and fell back.

"She said slowly!" She yelled at him as he pulled himself out of the water in fear.

She threw out her arm in a large swipe, these are not humans, but her claws too the face made the one sliced hobbled backwards with screams of pain as it touched its face.

Throwing her arms out, she was tackled down, splashing back into the salty water.

It burned her eyes as a hand was thrown out and the monkey's jaw was propped open by it as it bit down while she dug her fingers through the cheeks. It tried to shake its head free and she swung up in a hard punch before throwing the hand to grab one of its hands, monkeys are much stronger then human, mostly these ones with huge sizes, many times bigger then they should be, monkey mutts.

The claws of these mutts sharp and tearing into what they reached, how ironic was that Athena's own weapon tore a bloody gash into her upper arm until the beast finally dropped dead and she could drop the body off her.

Coughing as she pulled her head out of the water, looking at the mutt, an arrow sticking out of if.

But she didn't have much time to think as screaming kept up.

She scrambled too her feet, jumping down the little ledge too Peeta, landing unsecured on the mutts back, smashing it into the ground before it could dive on Peeta, thrown off by the strength of it as it ran at her, the fanged maw snapping by her side, barely lucky enough to pull herself out of the way before reaching for her sword and pulling it out, in an upwards circular motion, slicing the extending clawed arm of the mutt off before the downwards swing took its head off its neck.

Finnick tried to block with his body, swinging the trident, sheltering his older mentor against three of these beasts.

Katniss was running out of arrows.

And Peeta was tackled into roots of a tree but before the killing strike was landed, a woman that had been hiding jumped out, tackling the mutt away, she had not won her games through fighting so she could do nothing but scream in pain as she was mauled before Peeta finally put the blade through the mutt's head.

"A morphling! Help me pull her!" He yelled too Katniss who did so without asking, running forwards towards the sandy shore that they could see.

"Go Mags!" Athena side kicked a mutt as it had bitten around the tridents shaft and tried to pull it away, it hissed at her but a blade through the skull stopped it.

Despite her saying that, the old woman didn't have the chance for more then three steps before Athena hooked one arm around her waist and picked her up, running with her, Finnick right behind.

She stumbled out, falling but she twisted herself so she fell on her back and not on Mags, holding the lady too her chest, Finnick doing a dive jump before spinning back and swinging, baring his teeth, at the monkey mutts that made more threatening noises but didn't set out onto the sand.

This stand off lasted a minute or less but it felt tense, until the monkeys finally backed off into the forest and disappeared.

Athena stayed sitting in the sand as she watched them retreating into the hell they came from, not understanding why the gamemakers were doing this, didn't they find it more fun to see each kill others? What was it with this fog and mutts?

She looked over to the whispering Peeta.

She almost felt pity for him, even despite everything that went down, he was still trying to comfort the dying woman he held in his arm, offering her a comforting smile and holding her in his arms as he softly spoke with her until the inevitable--

Boom.

-As death took her, tho at peace now.

Athena sighed, he was too pure for this all, Katniss should have killed him in the 74th to spare him all the pain. She was more then sure that once again the 75th was rigged, that it was because of Katniss that it was victors fighting once again for their lives.

"I'll.... Fish." Finnick marched into the water, the water they had tried to get away from and yet what provided their safety currently as the forest held more secrets then they ever thought.

Athena laid back down into the sand with a sigh.

"What a day." She muttered into the breeze.