-Epilogue IV-

(After such a sad chapter.... I might as well write a happier one ay?)

Athena just watched the jabberjay fly around, it behaved like a normal bird until she switched on the keyboard and it would fly in.

She watched it land on a branch and peck away at it, putting the keyboard on her little bedside table and left her room. (Athena making Johanna lose her mind by making the jabberjay dirty talk XD)

Making her way downstairs in silence, maybe humming a bit.

"Hello Athena." She smiled at Cinna, by now it wasn't even a question, he lived here, it still felt odd to have someone look out for her tho.

She waved, looking at the breakfast set out on the table before lifting a brow, the ex stylist having gotten used to a few of her mannerisms so he simply understood what she meant.

"Outback."

She gave a nod, walking there while grabbing her portable white board, other hand in her pockets and looking around.

It took a while to relearn how to whistle, for one she didn't whistle a lot and two she still didn't have a tongue but she got it down, whistling to get the attention on her.

"Ah! You! Tell here this is my property!" Ares yelled, standing in her backyard, for some reason having moved from his victor home into the one right next to Athena's but she didn't complain.

"This is clearly is on Athena's side, it is not your part." Johanna snapped back, having been in this back and forth for a long time now, it is not her problem that the moment she tried to plant one singular tree sapling from 7 that Ares had barged out like that annoying neighbor and was trying to convince her it was his property.

"Ares, it's mine." She wrote, tracing an imaginary line from the corner of her home too her feet through the air and the sapling was behind her.

"You'll have to build a fucking fence." He grumbled, marching away all huffy puffy.

Athena chuckled with a head shake, still as sparky as he ever was.

"We'll have to build that fence." Athena wrote with a smile. "Or he'll lay claim too my whole backyard."

"I am from 7 Thea, don't underestimate me."

"I was thinking of building it out of stone."

"Oh hell no, a wooden fence, it is easier and faster."

"Just stone is better."

"Lumber is too."

"Alright alright, lumber it is." She liked annoying her and will always like too.

"Great."

She watched her march back inside and shook her head again before looking at the little plant.

Johanna talked bitter sweetly about leaving 7, she had came back with Athena, about how she'd miss it but the district wouldn't notice, she had no trouble with her making it a bit more homey for herself.

Athena would help with anything even if she wasn't asked for it.... It is her little wolf after all... No way that she isn't there with her.

"Hurry up Thea or the food will get cold!" Johanna poked her head back out and yelled at her, Athena just doing as told

She walked over, looking down next to the little patio, sure she had long after fixed the plant, planting it in the ground but the broken pot was still there.

She had not moved that from the night when Johanna stayed over after her win and kicked it off, she had left the shards there, why? She doesn't know, it was so long ago that it seemed so insignificant.

She went inside and closed the door, putting the white board down.

Bending down, she pet Cinnamon as it walked up to her and rubbed against her legs, happy the cat liked it, it was still small but not the fluffy black kitten it had been.

Despite it all, despite all that went down, all that could still happen, Athena still missed Cato.

She wished she could have shown him this future, this freedom, this family she is slowly and accidentally building, these friends she has and this life she could have offered him.

But the weight of it was a bit easier to carry since she was not alone anymore.

The only painful thing was that unlike her jabberjay, his voice could not be found in registry and she felt like she was starting to forget it, forgetting his laugh and jabs.

She still would feel guilty that she barely thought of Clove, always Cato being the first and then she creeped into her mind, sadly she was sure she was forgetting a lot about the girl, only having one picture with the three of them in her home and having known her for quite a short time.

But at least they were together, wherever both are now they are together, there for each other.

She sighed, shaking the sad thoughts away.

"Thea!" An annoyed voice came, Athena quickly joining her in the room, Cinna sitting at the table with her and laughing.

Athena sat down with a pointed look before smiling.

She could almost admit that she loved this life.