-Epilogue VI-

(The linked above song gave me the want to write... Take that however you want because it doesn't fit the chapter.)

Gale being new head peacekeeper in 2 was not the worst thing that happened to Athena.

It was not even close to it.

It was that loyalists still existed everywhere, even in lower districts and the Capitol and they were being, in Johanna's colorful words, Fucktards.

Gale she could just ignore and walk passed in the streets when they cross path, loyalists hid and could be her neighbors for all she knew.

There had even already been an attempted murder attempt on Wiress and Paylor, they are going for the new president and the victors, making her one edge.

All that reassured her was that Johanna was not in 7 and she doubted those in there knew she was here.

There isn't a lot of place they could hide, she and they all knew it, but that one place was sprawling with tunnels, ladders, slides and different levels: the mines.

Someone not from 2 could get lost and die in there while she knew the nods and ways of finding her wa--

Her thoughts got chased away as she once again looked over her shoulder to see little figures shuffle away.

Athena almost smiled, curiosity kills the cat ay? Let it try, she is a tough cat to kill.

And so she walked backwards, abandoning her plants of arriving home with the food filled bag, Johanna can wait.

The panicked muttering came as she looked in the alley, seeing the tail end of a group of children scrambling down and out the other side of it, she walked after with her hands in her pockets.

Yeah, she thought so.

She finds it quite cruel that 2's orphanage is placed right next to the academy, if she was not already a well liked victor and mature after the 66th, her and her brother would have ended up in there when her parents were killed, a place children grow up in and in view of the bloodies building here, seeing night and day the place they will be spending time in.

This place was always run down, touching the brick pillars that were once an arch, the yellowed stone crumbling like chalk under her fingers.

It had been years since anyone really used it, kids usually ran away from it, staff abandoned it and was the den of druggies now.

She pulled out the little keypad and clicked a button, it didn't take long for the jabberjay to land on her shoulder before she walked passed the rusted gate, ducking under the crooked frame.

Smoke filled the air, a man high out of his mind sprawled out giggling in the corner, trash pilling up in disgusting mounds, rats and cockroaches running from where she stepped, windows covered in paper... This was once the main hall of the area, the left wing's entrance caved in so she walked down the right, it was the dinning hall if she remembers it right.

"You are not good at not being noticed." The jabberjay said for her. "You've been tailing me ever since I left the market, I am not that easy to pickpocket."

She didn't know if this little group would hear her but the place was silent she was starting to doubt the fact the she wouldn't be heard, there is no way she isn't heard in here.

The dinning hall was a mess, smell of herbs and other nasty things filling the air, the men and women sharing a needle and lighting joints not paying her any mind and she didn't either outside of acknowledging their existence and the fleeting thought of maybe lighting a smoke before she chased it away, that's the only good think the Capitol has done for her, a crash course in quitting smoking.