-Mutt-

(Okay they are supposed to go save them in the damn attack but I just need that one more touch of evil so it will happen soon but not this chapter that's for sure.)

(And you that came up with the idea, I will be changing it a bit so sure it hurts but it will last shorter.... I do need to save them.)

She hummed too herself.

The lyrics long forgotten but the melody of Katniss' song catchy.

A necklace of hope? Tho that sounded weird, was the one only words she remembered from it.... If she would have written that song she would have put necklace of rope.

"Get up mutt."

She did it without fighting, her outburst having consequences that would never leave her side.

She exited the room, four armed peacekeepers leading her along, outside of that freezer of a room it almost felt too warm for her.

She was shoved into another room after the long walk.

She looked down, the ground was not slick and shiny, but it felt like white scratchy concrete under her feet.

She lifted her arms when a door slid open, she was used too..... T-this...

She stumbled back as if she had been punched and it felt like that.

She recognized that type of mutt.

She had seen it play a gruesome part in destroying her life.

The beast a mix of human features and dogs-like, dirty blond fur covered most of its body that was slightly more human like then in the 74th games, more correctly proportioned, those blue eyes and that collar: 2.

She took a shaky breath.

"A-ah." Was all she could say, barely being a word, just a sound of shocked agony.

She held out her hand.... Cato?

She took a step closer as the mutt sniffed around before looking at her, eyes piercing her chest, how was he alive, she saw him die.... Her baby brother... Her Munchkin...

She reached a trembling right hand out, the mutt smelling it as it looked at her.

It leaned closer.

"Aaaaathy." A guttural growl came, if they can make jabberjays this should not have been a surprise but it was, a lethal surprise too her comprehension.

Tears in her eyes, the ghost of a smile coming alive as it leaned towards her hand.