-''I'm sorry''-

Athena Hadley lost her smile.

The smile that invited all in.

The smile that promised of cheeky comebacks and witty pleasantries.

The smile that put all at ease.

The smile of the woman that had something left to lose.

Nothing but a hollow human remained, one only filled with agony and hatred, one that couldn't be hurt no more, on that couldn't be used no more.

And Snow was not blind too it.

The young woman standing in front of him no longer cowered to appease his anger, no longer worried about her fate, no longer stuck too the rules.

"I truly thought he'd win." He simply said, tending too the bouquet of white roses.

"We all did president Snow." A cold, toneless, reply came from the unleashed woman. 

"Hmm, tho that is no reason to kill my citizen miss Hadley."

"If they touch me, they die." Unleashed, like the monster she was on the inside, claws now extended too all that would stand in her way, a head tilt lacking in innocence accompanying those words.

Snow just nodded along, he had nothing he could hold against her and it was his own rare miscalculation... Yes, this young woman was broken beyond measure, nothing was left of her, but she was not broken enough as she stood here, head held high, facing him and calm... This one time Snow underestimated the love of a sister, he'll give her that.

And the only thing left that could hurt this young woman, miss Mason, was also someone with nothing to lose but taking her away would not only just stoke the fire of the victor but also make polemic about a victor vanishing... Snow will admit defeat for this once, tho not forever as Snow always lands on top, everything always works out in his favor, just a question of time and he had patience.

And as fast as their talk had begun, as fast had it ended.

------------------------------------------------

The worst of her brother being gone was the silence her life would hold when she went home.

Racking her claws down her throat, no one else will be able to get too her as the singular reason that was their bargaining was gone.

"I don't wish to talk." She said, the reflection of her little metal claws revealing a new darker shadow in them.

She glared at them, grabbing the metal chains and ripping the cuff off her wrist and throwing them on the ground, ripping the other claws off too, leaving her hands bare.

"Tough luck because I want too." She pulled on her snug leather claws, those the Capitol thought of as ugly and too vulgar as they really looked like weapons, well let them be damned.

"I don't care for what you want Johanna, leave." She looked at the other woman leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah no, you can run off the others by having a bite but not I." She shook her head at her.

Athena was not in the mood.

Lashing out above her shoulder and shoving Johanna into the wall with a hand around her throat, causing her head to bounce off the concrete.

"Well this bite has turned lethal so I'd leave anyway."

"You shouldn't treat your friends like this." Johanna said, since Athena was not actually squeezing, just keeping her trapped, like someone would hold another's shoulders against the wall, Athena just opted for the neck.

"Oh you are not my friend." The blame in the voice hurt yes but.

"Oh right, I am much more, what you call me? Fuck buddy?" There was a momentary squeeze as Athena looked angry, Johanna teetering on the ledge of a dangerous drop but despite Athena not admitting it, there would be a net catching the victor of 7 if she were to fall.

"Just fuck off." Athena shoved her away by her throat, making the younger woman catch herself on the wall, moving on to pack the little things she brought too the games before they'd head home.

"When you talked too me, I'll leave."

"You wanna talk?" Athena hissed. "Fine." She faced her again, dropping what she picked up. "I'll talk. I want to gut Heymitch, I want to kill myself, I want to lay waste too the Capitol, I want to end it all by my own hands! And you, you are at the center of it all, Snow promised me my brother would be reaped for these games! The 74th! Because I helped you win.... I sentenced my Munchkin to death because I talked to you! I killed him and Clove, I killed both of them because I was stupid enough to let myself be distracted by a useless tribute!" She kicked over a chair. "I became a sweetheart for him, I pleased the Capitol for him, I smiled for him, I played for him and lost him! What else is there to talk about?! You've all seen it!! All of Panem saw it!! How those pigs! Those bastards of 12! Let my brother suffer for hours before finally having gotten sick of his screams!"

She kicked her leg on top of the coffee table in the middle of the already existing mess, crossing her arms on her knees.

"I bared things you would not even imagine, all for him, I did things no one should have for him, I did it all for him and now he is gone!!" She kicked the table away with a cry of anger.

She watched the table knock loudly into the remains of the TV.

"I did every single thing for him and nothing was worth it, nothing could save him!" 

She fully looked at Johanna.

"I want to blame you for killing that girl with my showed off move, I want to blame Heymitch for helping that girl, I want to blame that girl for leaving him to suffer, I want to blame that boy for throwing him off the safe spot, I want to blame Snow for everything!" She marched back into Johanna's face, anger breaking as a tear slipped out with a quivering lip. "But I can't, this is all my fault... All my fucking fault..."

"I'm sorry." She simply said tho it was something no one had even told Athena, no one. They all tried to cheer her up if they even dared to speak to her, no one had told her that they were sorry...

She didn't expect Athena to hug her first and much less the tears that nowadays seemed so common even when they were none existent before, hugging back tightly.

"I killed my Munchkin." She cried, holding on so tight, fearing she'd never get back up from this if she ever let go and it didn't bother Johanna.