-''When has anyone protected you?''-

BANG!!

No one really dared to look at the victor from 2 when the platter of food had had her fist slammed on it and sent flying across the room, not before that either when they entered the room nor would they in the future.

Athena had trouble, trouble bottling it all now, it seemed like the slightest bit of frustration boiled over and made her lash out.

Sure in the gauntlets she categorically refused to take off now were a great help in their own ways but not feeling them was being trouble.

"Hey!" Some poor person chose the wrong time to find something to tell her. "You can't go around wasting food, I don't care how much of a victor you are!"

She looked at the pathetic woman, wanting to stick out her tongue at her but those plans were foiled by the lack of that part of her anatomy, irking her even more, this current bout of anger was a combination of never being able to taste again if it wasn't spicy or minty because that would affect the whole mouth and the fact that she was just unable to easily learn the hand sign list for the alphabet Pollux drew up for her with how her hands should be positioned.

But she had quickly learnt something.

She bent all fingers other down but the pinkie and pointer, passing her other arm under it and making a closing and opening gesture. (Look up how to say bullshit in sign language if you want to see how that looks.) Then she showed her the middle finger.

"Oh how dare you!?"

Athena's head jerked forwards and she kept it down.

Looking up slowly through her bangs, putting her hands on the surface and pushing up to stand.

"What? You think this will scare me?!"

She offered a little grin that didn't reach her eyes, tilting her head.

She lifted her hand--

"How disrespec--"

-And flicked out her claws, the tips poking the woman under her chin.

She did a little shove on her hand, making the woman stumbled back and away from her.

She stepped after her, grabbing someone else's food tray off a table and throwing it at the woman, hearing a loud smack of impact followed by cursing.

"You are one vile woman!!"

Athena ignored it, kicking her boot into her chest and pushed her on her back with her weight, leaning over her.

She crossed her arms on her knee as she looked down at her, her weight making it hard to breath for the other woman.

"Okay, this is over." Athena's arm was grabbed by another, looking over with a glare at the unaffected stylist. "You showed her, do not let them win."

She barely knew the guy but she stood up with a huff, stepping off the now coughing woman.

"Come, let the idiots wallow in their own pitiful self worth." He had quite a hard grip on her, it is not like she could say anything to tell him off.

That woman was just lucky her wrath could simmer a bit longer.

"You bitch!!" She whipped around but Cinna stood between her and the woman instead of next to her like before, seeing the thrown cup bounce off his back and shatter on the ground.

She took a threatening step back towards her but Cinna shoved her back.

"It is not worth it, it didn't hurt." He said that lie with enough conviction she almost believed it, shrugging his hand off her arm, the coffee that was in that ceramic cup still steaming it was so hot even on his clothes and that's what was thrown.

She sat back down next too her paper of signs and letters, looking casually as he went to get himself a platter and sit in front of her, having still a sever limp in his leg.

She flicked her claws in as she laid an arm on the table and the other held up her head and she watched.

He didn't acknowledge her for a while, eating the slob that was being served.

"You should try it, it is better then what they gave us in the Capitol." He offered an unused spoon too her but she didn't reach for it so he put it down.

She spun the paper towards him and pointed at letters, one after the other.

"Why?" He asked, as if he saw correctly, getting a nod back. "Why what?"

Athena spelt out 'help'.

"Why help?" She nodded again. "Well you are always helping others, someone needs to help you."

Athena tilted her head aside, Cinna putting the fork down.

"I'll say it in another way... When has anyone protected you?"

It was a simple question.

Yet one Athena could have never hoped to answer even if she could still talk.

"Someone needs to, you are all children, that's the job of adults to protect you and we have failed... Let us make it right."