-Avox-

The hall was only filled with silence and stopping of steps for a long while before the first person spoke up.

"It didn't work well with Peeta so why her? She is much more dangerous too her." Heymitch was actually the one saying that too Plutarch.

"Plus we don't know what has been done too them, Peeta we worked out Highjacking but Athena is a whole other beast." Wiress said, looking into the room through the one way mirror, the only reason Athena wasn't tied down like Peeta.... Well one of the two reasons was that she was just too much of a wild card to even risk lives on it, the second was just because she didn't bother trying to fight her way out as long as that mutt was not bothered and attack people like Peeta had and is.

She just sat on the bed, hugging her left knee and her chin on it, staring into nothingness.

This traitorous gamemaker wanted to once again risk Katniss' little sister with a tortured victor.

"But I believe that I can say for 100% that miss Hadley would never hurt the girl and she is the most tactful." Plutarch said. "Katniss can barely talk, Johanna has her face slashed so Athena might flip out that she did that, Heymitch she had not forgiven you for mentoring Everdeen, Wiress you know her but are not that close, Annie is locked up in her room with Finnick and Mags currently so a no go."

"And why would Prim be the best choice here?" Johanna asked not understanding either. "We can always wait for Finnick or Mags to be done, I am sure she'd even listen too that Cinna guy that was brought back."

"Yes maybe but what do we know about Athena? And Prim? Athena has gone through such a white room treatment, locked in, we should hurry to get her situated in 13 and Prim is a younger sister, Athena had a brother, she protects Peeta like if he was him, she protects the young."

"You are betting this on that? Her being young? You are insane Plutarch."

"Plus she just got screamed at by Peeta and that ended up badly, she could despise Prim for being Everdeen's sister."

"Guys I am right here." The girl said. "And I know the dangers, I watched the 74th and 75th too like all of us were forced too, I know why she could despise me but she saved Katniss more times then she should by claiming she'd kill her herself... This is the least I can do."

"So we all agree?"

-----------------------------------------------

Everything.

Everything was gone.

Everything that mattered.

Sure her hands were wrapped up but they were were numb.... No, not just numb, none existent. When something is numb the owner of it feels that it is numb and she has absolutely no feeling beyond her wrists, absolutely nothing.

She couldn't feel the punch, the break again, the grab, the throw, the cut, the touch, the cold, the heat, the wet blood... Nothing.

"The damage was so great and the help so little."

Was all that was said too her about her hands, before this she already had numbness in them but this was by far the worst of it.

And then there was....

She sighed, the Capitol took everything from her, once again reminding her with these that she is nothing else but her body, with now the inability to use anything else to interact with the worl--

The door, visible and not part of the wall here, swung open and in stepped a young but nervous girl, playing with a loose braid.

"Hi." She said, swallowing. "You don't know who I am but I'm Primrose and welcome to district 13." She said with a sweet little smile.

Athena offered the child a halfhearted smile, waving at the uncomfortable yellow hospital room chair for her to sit or pat the bed, inviting her too either spot, the girl choosing the chair for now.

"I know it is a big change but you are safe here, away from the Capitol, everyone got out. Peeta, you, Annie, Cinna and a few others but I don't know if you'd know them." Prim spoke to fill the silence in the room, trying to ignore the mutt that was scary despite not moving.

Athena nodded with the same half smile before lifting her hand too her own face, putting it too her face and yanking, leaving just a red line as she tapped it, looking at Prim.

"Johanna is fine, she told us that, I quote, 'Yah think a little scratch can kill me?'... She always had her ways with words huh?"

Athena chuckled a bit, laying her cheek on her knee.

It was hard to wrap her head around it, she thought it was another sick trick of the Capitol while she had actually almost killed the real woman... Just thinking about it made her stress.

"Can you answer a few of our questions? It would really help us understand what happened so that we can help everyone."

Athena gave her a sorry look with a smile that was more of a frown then anything else, shaking her head.

"Why not? Keeping it in will help no one, not Annie nor Peeta, not you."

She gave a scoff chuckle, leaning back and over, leaning into her face so fast Prim jerked back in fear but Athena did not do more, grinning wide.

She lifted a hand, grabbing her throat and shaking her head as she kept smiling that creepy smile.

"What? I don't understand." The girl said.

Athena shifted her hand, able to tell where her fingers were because of the touch she felt on her face, almost wrenching her own jaw open for the spectacle off it, pulling it down with her thumb.

The girl blinked before noticing something and sucking in a breath.

It was not that Athena wanted to be silent.

It was not that she stopped talking out of rebelliousness before the mutt incident.

It was not that she was tired of talking.

Athena couldn't talk.

Athena wanted too but she could not and would never be able too.

She'd never talk anymore since, after all....

An Avox can't talk.

(So yeah.... I did it :3 I am evil)