-Late For Secrets-

3:27AM

That was the moment Johanna was shaken out of her peaceful ignorance.

That was the moment Athena was shaken out of her diligent secrecy.

And neither knew how to face this new development with the events that lead too it.

Athena had her arms crossed, standing and looking off at the void, a smoke hanging from between her lips, a dark green bathrobe hanging tightly around her.

Nearly unable to lay her gaze on Johanna, seemingly all the control she could finally bring back into her life was dashed away in an instant and what came off it was a freak reaction to protect herself and harm others.

Her hold had not been long but had been of brutal strength, her greatest mistake staring at her in the blue and red shape of a hand on the pale throat of the other victor... It was barely five seconds, shit... It was just five seconds too much!

She was so ashamed of that, of that moment of weakness, what if Johanna hadn't been bored and turned on the TV? She would have not seen anything and wouldn't have stopped herself.

But Johanna closed up like a shell, Athena's only comfort was that she could see the gears turning in her head and not fear, meaning she'd open up, at least enough for a talk if she didn't mess up too badly, if she dragged her out of her thoughts.

She sighed.

It seems that yet again, she'll need to bring up the subject she'd wish to avoid to get them to move on with it.

"Have I not told you to not touch me?" She simply asked, toying with the half necklace she was holding that she rarely bothered with, sure Cato had made matching pairs in wood working class and each wore it but it was such a part of her, just like her eyes or hands, that she forgot it was there (Or because the Author did) but there were moments she'd touch it, hoping her brother would be with her.

Like planned, Johanna's thoughts were snapped in two at the question that sounded off louder then it was said, looking at the older victor eyeing her down as she sat on the couch with nothing but the blanket around her, no smile gracing her features as she held the smoke between two fingers and with crossed arms.

It was all but inviting, scary, to not see her smile, no matter the situation there was always something there, only at Brion's death had she stopped, when he insulted her brother and she didn't want to see it so close too that event.

"Have I not?" She asked again, leaning forwards and grab the couch hard by Johanna's head, the smoke flowing out the side of her mouth, reminding Johanna off a fairy tale dragon.

"You expect me to ignore that?" Was all she could say, it was like her mind was not working and not because of the beautiful victor in front of her, trapping her, the lamp blocked out and creating a halo.... That would have normally been the case, but this time it just couldn't.

"Yes, ignore it." Athena pushed off, standing up and turning her back too her as she walked a few steps away.

"How could I ever?"

"Careful." Athena looked over her shoulder and pointing at Johanna with her two fingers holding the smoke. "I am still from 2, do not incur my wrath."

"You wouldn't hurt me."

"I already did." Was the short thought with a glance too the neck. "You are quite infuriating."

"Thea, this is serious, that's a massacre."

"And who's fault it that?" The was a smack in her words as she face her, it almost felt pinpointed. "You know Johanna, you are good at being nice and seeming innocent but you are also quite easily the most annoying woman I ever met." Before the other could complain, Athena went on. "A shame that I enjoy that about you. Others all bending under the pressure, conforming or pulling away, you smack back like the thunder cloud you are, like the mad wolf you need to be and I'll be damned to say that that's what's attractive in you."

She felt as offended as she felt proud of it, Athena always got under her skin, it felt crazy bad to have gotten under hers while also enjoying it a big bit.

"How'd I know?"

"It is yours." She poked her fingers in Johanna's chest. "It is your fault."

"Wha--" Athena silenced her.

"Sure, I showed you that." Doing the quick gesture of sinking her claws in someone's throat, looking at her clawless hands for once, she had even made sure to take them off with her to not hurt her. "But you survived using it."

"I caused those?"

"Those vile, nasty, painful scars? Yes. You know, Snow was quite aware of your act like I had been. Me idiot, I tried to cover the tracks, that's why I stole all sponsors but when he saw that one TV moment, he wanted me to learn a lesson."

"I'm sor--" Before Johanna could start feeling bad, she got one of the long missed smiles that shut her up.

"Tho I don't regret it." There was a half smile half sneer on 2's face, crushing and rolling the butt of the smoke between her fingers. "I did find you much more captivating then those other tributes, I was quite proud you pulled that off."

Johanna could wrap her mind around this at 3AM, was Athena mad or not, was she blaming her or not?

"So the Capitol gave you those..." She said instead.

"Yeah, because my little throat claw trick worked for you." She cut back, having spoken more truth then she wanted, stopping before she'd tell her she doomed Cato because, to be honest, only she herself was to blame. "So I guess we are tied too one another."

"Huh?"

"Yes well, I left my mark on you." Poking the bruised neck gently. "And you did mine.... Tho keep asking questions, the cat's out of the bag even if the rest of the animals will never escape it, all I ask you is to be discreet, can you do that little wolf?"

"Yes, yes of course."

"Then ask away, it is too late for secrets anymore." Tho she'd never say more about those she didn't need to know.

As much as the burden might lighten, she is an older sister, a mentor, she'd protect all those she cared for too her own detriment.

The bottle was cracking but she'd keep filling it with things and tapping it shut.

And she will not cry no matter how much she wanted too.