-Cinnamon-

(I wanna make our girl a bucket list to do since she has no idea for what she'll do in her life so if you do know comment something hehe, I might use it.)

She nudged the little fluffball, getting an annoyed squeak back as she smiled at it.

Athena laid on her side as she watched the little ball of void pad around on the bed, holding her head up on her hand, other then cute little squeaks the room was silent.

The room was so silent.... So silent now that she was alone, having stayed back instead of being a shadow to her little wolf.

Despite everyone around, she still felt so horribly alone.

No one could ever understand her fully, nothing could be done, she was nothing but what they made of her... She'd never be that 15 year old girl that went into the 66th ever again and much less now.

She was a body to use however anyone wished, a tribute, a sweetheart, a victor, a rebel, a weapon, she was nothing but a title... A monster.... A mutt.

She dropped her head, leaning it on her upper arm as she corralled the energetic kitten with her other arm to keep it from walking down the edge of the bed, with no claws it couldn't save itself from a harsh fall for such a small being... And yet even with claws she could never save herself. Despite her claws she never could save herself with them, only hurt others.

Cashmere, Gloss, Brutus, Enobaria, Julian, Brion and many more were killed when they didn't deserve it, they were just stuck playing the same fucked up game as she did.

She watched the little being waddle across the bed.

Everyone always depended on her, she was always there, and they were there for her right? Right?

Why did no one spring to mind right away?

Why did she need to think about it?

She felt the little furry face rub on her own, earning it another little smile as the little paw pressed up on her cheek.

Sure she feels like a waste of space, sure she wished for it all to end but this is all worth it.

Scooping the little being in her palms.

She can protect those she cares for, she can kill Snow and stop all from hurting, she can interfere with Gale's planned genocide, she can liberate Panem.... But after?

Athena had never thought of an 'after the hunger games' ever before.

And it almost terrified her.

Almost.

She couldn't feel herself be scared of something she barely was able to imagine.

Just how will the world change? The districts? The people? Her friends? Her?

Athena had never thought of a future for herself after all of this.

She had no idea what she'd do with herself, no need to survive, to fight if all went correctly and yet that was all this mutt was good for.

She held the kitten on one arm as she stood, the dinner alarm sounding off, she was not hungry but she'd go.

It felt like her head was held underwater by her own hands, always just under the surface, swimming with thoughts.

There was no life out there for her after the war is over.

A war machine is useless outside of war.

A tank can't be used to dig in the mine.