-Snow-

The tribute interviews were going on but there was a common thing interesting 2 and 7 but for different reasons.

2 because the mentor that took care of them was nowhere to be found, having to rely on a bored Enobaria for help and the eccentric Julian.

7 because she was sure that that damned mentor from 2 would have bothered her again and she hadn't seen or heard of her in a good chunk of time and had heard the 2s ask about the mentor too.

-------------------------------------------------

"I've heard you've been getting quite friendly with the tributes."

"They are an interesting bunch this year." Athena softly said, toning back her snappiness. 

Standing like an almost soldier, a peacekeeper, a job she'd have had if she wasn't chosen as the best to compete in the 66th: Back straight, hands cupped behind her back, feet shoulder length apart.

"Who do you think will win this year miss Hadley?"

"Hard to tell between 1 or 2 mister president." She squeezed on her fingers in front of the intimidating man.

"Hmmm." He cut a rose, the sound of the stem cracking making a shiver run up her spine and back down. "What would you say about 7?"

"They don't have that mu--" "Don't lie too me Hadley, you and I both know I see everything."

"Then you know of the game she plays."

"I indeed do, I find it--" Another stem cut. "Annoying"

"Can I help in anyway?"

"Tell your tributes to kill her when they have the chance, I don't want a liar to tarnish the sanctity of the hunger games, am I--" Another cut. "Clear?"

Athena was sure her head would be the next stem cut.

"I'll tell them to hunt her and I'll take any sponsors 7 could get."

"Good, I am happy to hear and Cato would also be."

"Yes.... He'd be...."

"You are dismissed, please bring miss Hadley back too the interviews, we can't have her miss any more then she already did can we?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Athena took a deep breath, popping open another button on her outfit, revealing the lack of a bra under her shirt. (I know, I wear constant dress shirts for work, I know they'd show shapes but ssssh no they don't)

"Nice scores Blight." She said, holding a glass of whiskey as she came up behind him, the men he was talking too now turning too her.

"I could say the same 2." She stepped next too him, too close, making him step aside.

"No really." She stepped closer, making him back off more. "I insist."

"Thank you, now if you woul--" "What? Not happy to see me? How mean, I'll just go."

"No, no, please stay." One of the men spoke up and she grinned.

Slowly but surely, driving Blight out of the conversation while the others didn't even notice, Blight was not the best mentor either, easily letting her do so, a nervous wreck and such, not a chance this would work out for him anyway.

She'd laugh at their stupid jokes, would touch their arms as they talk, overplay her womanly charms, mysterious and a pearl to have some time with.

She forced the smile to stay on her face when one of their hands wandered down her back, she needed to do this, for her brother.

She is not a Capitol sweetheart for nothing, she is sought out and she is very good at that game.

------------------------------------------------------

She walked through the empty halls, only her shoes, clicking against the polished marble, made any sound this late in the night

Hugging her self, her claws sinking in her upper arms with trails of blood dripping down them but she honestly didn't care.

She hated this, she hated how the human body reacted, her mind hated it all while instincts couldn't.

She wanted to throw herself in fire and burn every part ever touched by anyone, burn herself too a crisp, too nothing but dust... And she knew even then, the Capitol would find a way to utilize her still, not even as dead would she be left alone.

And then there is Cato, that boy needed her, she couldn't abandon him.

She stopped walking, crouching down, hugging her knees as the moon showed itself from between the clouds, lighting up the hall through the window bay covering the whole left side of it.

The stars shined as brightly in the dark sky as her tears in her eyes but unlike the stars, no one could see those tears, locking them deep in her heart, bottling them like each time she wanted to cry, leaving the dark depths of her eyes empty of a shine.

She stood, still feeling every little touch on her skin, past and present, still feeling all they did too her, she wanted nothing more then to break.

She wanted to break herself, have a true reason to shatter into small pieces nothing could fix, not even man, she wanted to be useless, the Capitol forced to try to make her forgotten by all, she wanted it all to be over.

She stood and with a cry, punched the wall before looking out the window.

She glared at the image she saw, nothing but eye candy, something to take when they wanted it, someone who can't even own their own body, able to imagine every bruise, every scratch, every mark that her clothes hide.

She struck out, fingers flexed, she was strong but never this strong.... Tho anger and pain does this too someone.

She yanked her fingers back, looking at the five holes punched into the glass's surface with cracks radiating from the impact points but none able to disfigure her reflection like she wanted.

The glass panel, tho holed and cracked still perfectly stuck together, like her, despite the imperfection, perfectly able to do its job and standing strong.

She glared... 

She heard one of the door creak and quickly looked around but saw nothing.... She should move, before people see her here, this is a floor both mentors and tributes could frequent to talk strategy between training, she didn't want anyone knowing.

She looked at the cracked, sending a smaller punch, breaking out the glass piece between the five holes with ease but the rest held up.

She watched it, the sound of outside seeping in, before walking away.

--------------------------------------------------------

To avoid anyone knowing of her lie, Johanna had been training in secret.

Tho it ended up with some odd sights.

She stood in front of the shattered panel of window, watching the hole.

All she had seen was the mentor of 2 punch that hole, tho she wondered what caused this, it was still impressive.

She lifted a hand, tapping it on the glass and the panel fell away into a pill of glass shards, making her jump back.

It looked so strong, taking a powerful punch and it seemed to still be perfect, only that it had cracks.... And yet it had crumbled at the slightest of gentle touches.