-Tunnel-

(fun fact: for those here that have not read Forest Fire, my other Hunger Games fic, Cato was alive until now and died in this chapter

(fun fact: for those here that have not read Forest Fire, my other Hunger Games fic, Cato was alive until now and died in this chapter.)

They climbed even lower into the sewers, only seeing because of the flashlights that they held in their hands.

Water was dripping in small puddle, the air thick with fumes and was clammy, the pipes groaned around them and the weird noises all around didn't put anyone at ease.

Athena was with her flashlight in one hand and her claws pulled out in both of them, ready to fight no matter what came their way.

Echoes bounced off the walls, their steps sounding like many more, no one dared to talk.

The huge tunnels narrowed down and split, everyone following Katniss and the holo, soon walking in a file within water that reached up to their chest, Athena holding her gun over her head to keep it out of the water, she could barely aim it up correctly but her gut was telling her to not let it go to waste.

She felt lightheaded because of the smells in here but she forced to not think about what could be around them, this was all worth it.

And finally the water level started dropping, first the waist height and then to knee before finally reaching only their ankles 

But it seems that it was getting too much for some, hearing someone behind her heave up their breakfast which made her gag as she holstered the gun again.

"Alright everybody." Jackson said, they had been walking for a long time. "Lets stop here for a bit and get some rest, yeah?" She said, wadding through the water to a metallic platform that was built out above it, climbing on to it. "I'll take first watch."

Athena helped Peeta up and offered a hand too Johanna.

"Oh why thank you." Johanna chuckled a bit as she grabbed her hand and let herself be helped up while Athena just smiled and rolled her eyes, she even helped Finnick and the other soldiers and camera crew but climbed up when it was Gale's turn, snubbing him.

"Hey, Peeta. Just tuck in there." Finnick pulled the boy to the side where he could sit down, siting with him and instantly whispering about something with the boy that seemed to interest and distract him.

"All right, settle in everybody." Jackson added.

Athena leaned her back against the wall and a pol in the guard rail on the platform, Johanna sitting with her and leaning against her.

She just looped and arm around her.

"I can't wait for this too be over." She said, Athena nodding back.

"I     J-U-S-T     W-A-N-T     T-O     G-O     H-O-M-E"

"Yeah same, I miss the forest."

"A-N-D      I       T-H-E     S-T-O-N-Y      M-O-U-N-T-A-I-N-S"

"I have no idea what we'll do after this tho, I lived like five... Six years as a victor, you way more, how do we not live as them? After all, why would victors exist after the war?"