-Herself-

(fun fact: In the og idea I had for this they were supposed to be fuck-buddies close by now and maybe even to that point since, before you ask question, it would be Athena's choice. People abused in this way either avoid the deed altogether or on the contrary are hyper sexual, sure Athena flirts somewhat but she was supposed to do more.)

Is it bad to almost wish for the next reaping?

Johanna found herself thinking and absolutely hated this, despised this thought... But it was almost the only time she could see the woman she couldn't get enough of.

The only time she wasn't in her empty, dead, home.

The only time people that felt her pain were around, Blight? Oh he was nothing like the other victors and the others of 7 were walking corpses plus no other woman had won and was still alive.

The only time she wasn't looked at with contempt for the unwanted more luxurious living she was forced to endure.

Oddly enough it became the only almost normal time of the year despite how much she hated 90% of it, that 10% was worth it.

And heck, she did even miss Finnick, that idiot, somehow worming his way in, a friend.

"Tho he is like 1%." She said, having been laying back on the couch and staring at the dark wooded ceiling of her cold and empty home, a book open but forgotten resting on her chest.

And so this infuriating woman, that cocky victor of 2 with her damned sarcasm, Athena Fucking Hadley, made her miss the games.

Sure she could climb over the walls, she did it once, twice.... A few times since the first time but the time was going by too fast to ever enjoy, she could snap and she was gone.

Johanna had never hated missing someone so much.

"What am I? A child? That innocence had been stolen the moment I was born into this accursed world."

This stupid woman made Johanna miss the bane of her existence. 

Her loyalty to help her tributes.

Her devotion to her brother.

How she carried herself.

What mess she created.

Her snide remarks.

Her cunning self.

Her attitude.

Her secrecy.

Her danger.

Her smirks.

Her laugh.

Her eyes.

Her....

Those damned eyes, nothing could ever live up to them, 7's forest dulled in comparison too them.

And she so fucking hated how they'd touch those beauties' owner, too the point she could say she didn't want to share.

And nothing could be done.

Capitol fucking sweetheart.

Johanna knew of the evil that hid tho not the depths of it, only that it was something to do with the higher ups tho that was enough to boil her blood.

She knew whatever relationship she'd want was against anything the Capitol stood for, pitting the tributes against each other, enticing hate and mistrust.

"Would she even feel the same?"

That was another thing, was this all platonic? Or was it not? And even if it wasn't, would the other woman ever be interested?

"Love." That was so foreign too her. "Love is weird." She had always told her sister this when she'd come home with yet another crush on the new logger boy on rotation or son of the baker, 'Love is weird' was almost a catch phrase and damn was she correct.

It is so confusingly correct to say that.

But one thing wasn't confusing about it.

One thing was very clear to her.

Johanna wanted 2's victor for herself.